2022-2023 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
1. List any relative who is an osteopathic physician:
2. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
3. Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?
4. Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, which will include, but not be limited to the following information:

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on 5/24 and haven’t received a secondary, should I reach out to them/be worried?

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary Questions:

2. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
4. Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, which will include, but not be limited to the following information:

@PapaGuava I am not sure if you're a moderator or not, but you seem to know what you're doing.
Thank you for this! Is there a character/word limit?

I got my secondary at 3pm. Interesting. Seems like it was sent out in batches. I hope the order doesn't mean anything.

*overthinking mode activated*

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary Questions:

@PapaGuava I am not sure if you're a moderator or not, but you seem to know what you're doing.

Yes I am a moderator :). I went ahead and updated the questions at the top of the thread. Thank you for the tag!

Last edited:
Secondary received and submitted, OOS, verified 5/14. Best of luck everyone!

I received an email from the admissions thanking me for applying and if there are any questions that I can contact them. This is not a secondary email, am I correct? just want to make sure as I don't want to be late when submitting my secondary.

I received an email from the admissions thanking me for applying and if there are any questions that I can contact them. This is not a secondary email, am I correct? just want to make sure as I don't want to be late when submitting my secondary.
The subject line was "CCOM at Midwestern University Online Supplemental Application", so maybe check for that.

I got this shortly after submitting my secondary + paying

Verified 5/12, Secondary and welcome email received 6/16/22, and submitted today!

For me it says they still haven't received my LOR's. Does it say this for anyone else?

Does anyone know if the second letter HAS to be from a physician or can we substitute with something else. I only ask because it says “prefer” on the website. Thanks.

For me it says they still haven't received my LOR's. Does it say this for anyone else?

It said that for me too! They have a note on their site that says they don’t get LORs right away so allow for 2 weeks to process them so I wouldn’t worry!

Reactions: 1 users
Current 2nd year student here. Happy to try and answer any questions anyone might have :welcome:

Reactions: 2 users
Marked complete. submitted secondary last night.

For the resume part did you guys just throw in your regular resume? Or did you make a special one that includes all this stuff:

Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, which will include, but not be limited to the following information:​
  • Educational History (colleges attended and degrees earned)
  • Employment History
  • Medically related work and volunteer experiences
  • College extracurricular activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
  • Community activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
  • Hobbies and nonacademic interests

Because... there's NO way I can fit all that information onto a 1 page resume. I MIGHT be able to fit it into 2.

For the resume part did you guys just throw in your regular resume? Or did you make a special one that includes all this stuff:

Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, which will include, but not be limited to the following information:​
  • Employment History

Because... there's NO way I can fit all that information onto a 1 page resume. I MIGHT be able to fit it into 2.
Make a CV. They are not page limited and are the standard in academic medicine.

Looking at previous years' threads would give the clues. Third week of August (Lest year it went out on August 18)

Last edited:
Got a letter in the mail today asking me to complete a secondary. Lol. Completed 6/16. Scared me for a second.

• Employment History

For the resume/CV, are people limiting this to one page? Or are 2 pages acceptable?

I completed my secondary last weekend and it shows that my application is complete, that they received my MCAT score, and my recommendation letter. Then it shows “expected” for my science letter. Does that seem right or should I be contacting them? I haven’t reached out to them yet cause it says to allow 2 weeks of processing documents but it’s odd to me that they have my other letter but not the science one. Anyone else have this happen???

received a secondary invite via snail mail today. i already submitted my secondary about 2.5 weeks ago...haha

As I was doing research on DO schools I found this has the top MCAT score average of all the DO schools (510). Quite impressive!

As I was doing research on DO schools I found this has the top MCAT score average of all the DO schools (510). Quite impressive!
I’ve had the opportunity to shadow and sit in classes here, it’s a beautiful campus and makes sense based off their average!

Received the secondary! Is it normal for the LORs to not be uploaded yet?