2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for those who attended the admitted students tour on campus. Was it worthwhile? I couldn't attend the previous ones and am considering attending the next one.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted elsewhere and will be withdrawing my acceptance. I will everyone else the best of luck!
For those who paid the deposit and did some other required tasks, did you have to send a letter in writing per their website? I'm unsure how to go about this properly. I don't want to hold onto my seat any longer when someone else could be interviewing/coming off a waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn’t receive an email about a masters program. Is that a good thing or bad thing?! I’m currently on WL

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received the masters email and on WL. I don’t know if it means anything judging by last year thread.

I haven't even heard back since my interview early-February...
I interviewed late februrary and went a little neurotic looking at the NYITCOM threads from the last 3 years....based on that, i anticipate a wave of decisions going out this Friday for those who interviewed in Feb. These have been reported to go to spam folders sometimes

Last edited:
I interviewed late februrary and went a little neurotic looking at the NYITCOM threads from the last 3 years....based on that, i anticipate a wave of decisions going out this Friday for those who interviewed in Feb. These have been reported to go to spam folders sometimes
Your reply gave me hope, but also that's so far away, this is my number one choice school for sure

Reactions: 1 user
You can email them and ask. They accepted my update letter

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Just wondering if the waitlist link is not working for anyone :) Also, congrats to everyone; sending love :)

Has NYITCOM historically been send WLs / As / Rs on different days? I had a late Feb interview and haven’t heard anything from them today so I’m hoping maybe tomorrow since some people heard back today?

Has NYITCOM historically been send WLs / As / Rs on different days? I had a late Feb interview and haven’t heard anything from them today so I’m hoping maybe tomorrow since some people heard back today?
I heard that spots are mostly filled, if not all filled, when I last called them early March so I assume it's all WL's or R's from here on out. I'm expecting a lot of movement in April/May when people make final decisions. Hoping the A goes to one of you all though!

What’s the wl link? I’m on the wl and never knew that existed
When did you get put on the WL? NYITCOM's WL link is due around 4 days after you get notified that you got WL'ed...

Also Edit: The WL link apparently doesn't work for anyone currently!

When did you get put on the WL? NYITCOM's WL link is due around 4 days after you get notified that you got WL'ed...

Also Edit: The WL link apparently doesn't work for anyone currently!

Oh that link! The one where you confirm your position. Yes I did that lol

I suggest looking at the SPAM folders. My "A" email was on Spam folder in September. Till date all the emails from NYITCOM appear in Spam folder

As of this Monday there were about 15 open spots left for scheduling interviews for this month. I am not sure they do II in April.

Anyone who will be attending the Jonesboro campus this fall look into off-campus housing yet? My boyfriend is moving with me but unfortunately since we're not married yet we can't utilize any of the on-campus options.

withdrew my acceptance from long island campus due to an acceptance at another school. good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
If you never got the II then it is probably not a good sign. IF you did the II and placed in WL then no biggie.

Any current students on this thread that can talk about the research opportunities that the Jonesboro campus offers? Really interested in doing some neuro focused research but I don't really see a lot of info on their site about any clinical research labs. Thank you!

Just found the Residency rankings for all medical schools (MD and DO)

Do they prefer higher stats when accepting from WL?
From what I know, they do a complete reassessment of each WL candidate. From there, they probably accept candidates holistically, though pay plenty of attention to GPA/MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
From what I know, they do a complete reassessment of each WL candidate. From there, they probably accept candidates holistically, though pay plenty of attention to GPA/MCAT.
I agree. From what I have been told, the interview is a simple screen- Recommend or NOT Recommend. If recommended, the file goes to ADCOM where they look at it holistically with a lot of weightage for MCAT/ GPA) and assign a score. Every time the ADCOM meets, they meet the top "N" number of applicants in each category (ORM /URM).

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an idea of what the post-interview turn around time to hear back is? I interviewed on 3/14 and am curious how long it took for others?

I agree. From what I have been told, the interview is a simple screen- Recommend or NOT Recommend. If recommended, the file goes to ADCOM where they look at it holistically with a lot of weightage for MCAT/ GPA) and assign a score. Every time the ADCOM meets, they meet the top "N" number of applicants in each category (ORM /URM).
If you were not recommended for whatever reason, does that mean you won’t be reassessed?

Logically if one was not recommended they would have gotten "R" right away