2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh so I guess no need to worry about that since I’m WL. Just need to keep being patient

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they're still interviewing? Was complete in July and its been total silence since. Wondering if its time to stop waiting haha

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they're still interviewing? Was complete in July and its been total silence since. Wondering if its time to stop waiting haha
I think people in previous posts have said that they are currently done interviewing. This may also be reflected in the fact that we can't access our portals anymore. I have also been waiting since I was complete in Sept, but atm would really like that pre-II R email for closure :cautious:

Reactions: 1 users
All the interview spots for March are full (Last one is on 31st).

I'm worried about WL movement... has anyone gotten accepted with lower stats/gpa from wl specifically?

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist after receiving the NYITCOM M.S. program email post interview? I got the email and I wasn't sure if that is their way of rejecting me. I would appreciate any advice on where I stand and if I have a chance of being accepted.

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist after receiving the NYITCOM M.S. program email post interview? I got the email and I wasn't sure if that is their way of rejecting me. I would appreciate any advice on where I stand and if I have a chance of being accepted.
FWIW, i've been waitlisted for about a month and never received a masters program email. could mean nothing though

this is my question too. i'm on the WL as well and received the M.S. program email a few weeks ago.

Any mid March interviews get a response?

2/22 interview and nothing yet either :/ mid-late feb jonesboro campus applicants seemed to have heard back last week so maybe good news for us this week? not sure if there’s been a trend between jonesboro and long island applicants hearing back though

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students on this thread that can talk about the research opportunities that the Jonesboro campus offers? Really interested in doing some neuro focused research but I don't really see a lot of info on their site about any clinical research labs. Thank you!
There is a specific forum for the Jonesboro campus for JB specific questions, I am a first year on the JB campus.

There is a neuroscientist on the Jonesboro campus who is awesome and does research involving the transmission of pain information. You can also participate in research on the OW campus if you're a student at the JB campus and travel there in the summer for in person experience.

Anyone who will be attending the Jonesboro campus this fall look into off-campus housing yet? My boyfriend is moving with me but unfortunately since we're not married yet we can't utilize any of the on-campus options.
There are lots of off-campus housing options around the Jonesboro area even ones that are walkable to campus, administration should be sending out a list of off campus options pretty soon, I would recommend the landing or willow creek, lots of students live at these apartments and they are used to working with NYITCOM students.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Arkansas campus have the same on-demand lectures like NY campus?

Does anyone know any more information on the MS program? Is it something we can apply to?

I suggest going a program that guarantees of at least provides a pathway to an "A" in medical school

Well, I wish you had posted this a bit earlier, cuz at this point I've let my other acceptances expire and now I have all my eggs in the NYITCOM-AR basket.... can anyone contradict this? Cuz now I'm not too stoked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Well, I wish you had posted this a bit earlier, cuz at this point I've let my other acceptances expire and now I have all my eggs in the NYITCOM-AR basket.... can anyone contradict this? Cuz now I'm not too sto
There is a great response that another current student made in the Jonesboro specific forum. This student's experience was a few years ago and some of these concerns are no longer relevant. Both campuses require a remediation program if you do not pass your first semester (foundations of medicine), the AR campus does have a higher remediation rate than the NY campus. Every school will have its issues and the issue at NYITCOM-AR is the remediation policy and academic affairs. However, medical school is mostly based on your work and you working to find opportunities (like research), if you are willing to put in the necessary time and tribulation to do well academically and with other things such as research you are definitely able to do well. The school gives you a ton of resources to study the way that you want and will give you assistance when your not doing well. You are given question banks, lectures, reading material and sometimes more interactive material. They also reshuffled a lot of the curriculum to improve step / level 1 scores and neuro is no major longer a problem, in fact these exams had the highest averages that our class has gotten so far. Rotations are throughout AR, Memphis and surrounding areas- the third years I have spoken to all say they have had great clinical rotations and the AR campus has good level 2 pass rates to show for it. There are still more rural locations but the majority of students are in more urban areas plus there are some amazing rural rotations where you get to do things you would never get to do in a more urban clinic/hospital. And every school shuffles their numbers to get good match rates its not specific to this school.

Overall, My experience has been overwhelmingly positive (not to discount anyone else's experience)

Well, I wish you had posted this a bit earlier, cuz at this point I've let my other acceptances expire and now I have all my eggs in the NYITCOM-AR basket.... can anyone contradict this? Cuz now I'm not too stoked.
Check the NYITCOM-Jonesboro thread. Some current students responded to offer their perspectives too.

There is a great response that another current student made in the Jonesboro specific forum. This student's experience was a few years ago and some of these concerns are no longer relevant. Both campuses require a remediation program if you do not pass your first semester (foundations of medicine), the AR campus does have a higher remediation rate than the NY campus. Every school will have its issues and the issue at NYITCOM-AR is the remediation policy and academic affairs. However, medical school is mostly based on your work and you working to find opportunities (like research), if you are willing to put in the necessary time and tribulation to do well academically and with other things such as research you are definitely able to do well. The school gives you a ton of resources to study the way that you want and will give you assistance when your not doing well. You are given question banks, lectures, reading material and sometimes more interactive material. They also reshuffled a lot of the curriculum to improve step / level 1 scores and neuro is no major longer a problem, in fact these exams had the highest averages that our class has gotten so far. Rotations are throughout AR, Memphis and surrounding areas- the third years I have spoken to all say they have had great clinical rotations and the AR campus has good level 2 pass rates to show for it. There are still more rural locations but the majority of students are in more urban areas plus there are some amazing rural rotations where you get to do things you would never get to do in a more urban clinic/hospital. And every school shuffles their numbers to get good match rates its not specific to this school.

Overall, My experience has been overwhelmingly positive (not to discount anyone else's experience)
Thank you! Somewhere along the line I lost my bookmark for the AR specific thread and forgot it existed. Reading those responses was slightly encouraging.

New York Students- I know we have been discussing the AR campus but just so your aware the NY campus also has the same remediation policy where if you fail your first semester (<70%) you are placed into a remediation program for your spring semester and must repeat your entire first year. I believe the remediation rate for the class of 2026 was about 9%

New York Students- I know we have been discussing the AR campus but just so your aware the NY campus also has the same remediation policy where if you fail your first semester (<70%) you are placed into a remediation program for your spring semester and must repeat your entire first year. I believe the remediation rate for the class of 2026 was about 9%
Dawg. If u finish below a 70% you fail? Isn’t that pretty high? I have no idea

Curious as to where you found the remediation rate for class of 2026(9%). This would be like almost 28 students.

Curious as to where you found the remediation rate for class of 2026(9%). This would be like almost 28 students.
After our first semester, the class of 2026 across both campuses made an effort to compare the number of people that had to remediate so that we could share with the incoming class. I believe that the numbers were 26 for AR and 28 for NY. I might be wrong on the exact number, but it is somewhere around there. It was closer to 7% last year so there is some variation from year to year. I am not aware of whether they post these numbers.

I will add that every school has its own remediation policy, some schools allow you to take an exam as many times as you need until you pass while others have summer remediation only. This is not something students typically think of when applying but it is definitely something to consider. Many schools require you to pass each block and just remediate the block if you do not pass. At NYITCOM you just need a 70% average, so you don't need to pass each exam, and if you fail a lab (anatomy, OMM) you just continue with your class in the fall and remediate during the summer.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but I was unaware of the policy until orientation and felt blindsided, so I just wanted to share the info.

Last edited:
How is the 4th year rotation? I just read on the Jonesboro thread that the students have to arrange on their own for 4th year rotation? IS this true or incorrect?

How is the 4th year rotation? I just read on the Jonesboro thread that the students have to arrange on their own for 4th year rotation? IS this true or incorrect?
You CAN arrange your own rotations and many students do because you can set up sub-internships which are essentially when you do a rotation in a specialty that has a residency you would like to attend. All medical schools allow freedom in this fourth year so you can do sub-internships or just rotate in whatever place your from. If you want to stay in the area that's fine too, they can arrange placements for you.

Hey guys i had a question about the payment plans; does anyone know if they are binding? In other words, if i decide to pay the first installment, am i obligated to to pay for all the others or can i back out at anytime?

with the April 15deadline I am going to do FaFsa and avoid making any further payment . If you make further payments I don't think you will get any refund if you decide to go elsewhere.

Hey guys i had a question about the payment plans; does anyone know if they are binding? In other words, if i decide to pay the first installment, am i obligated to to pay for all the others or can i back out at anytime?
This is definitely a question for financial aid, most of us take loans so I have no clue. The main financial aid email is very responsive

with the April 15deadline I am going to do FaFsa and avoid making any further payment . If you make further payments I don't think you will get any refund if you decide to go elsewhere.
I agree that is the best course of action, federal student loans will only cover part of tuition so you will need to apply for GradPlus as well, for those loans you can request the maximum and lower it later if you decide you don't need all of it.

Can someone send me an invite to the accepted discord server please?

interviewed 3/15 - around when can i expect a decision? also, is it by email or phonecall? thank you in advance!

Based on past couple years threads this school had WL movement on one day in late April and then nothing until mid May

Dawg I interviewed 3/6. At what point do I contact them and ask them for an update on my application status?