2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine just takes me to the homepage now.. my portal is unavailable..? Anyone else like this?
I don’t wanna give too many high hopes but this happened before I got the update with my acceptance!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
01/18 interviewee here. is accepted pending seat the same thing as WL?

Reactions: 1 user
01/18 interviewee here. is accepted pending seat the same thing as WL?

No it’s better! Congrats! It means once a seat opens up, you’re in and at this point that will definitely happen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Got an II! Only date I could pick was 3/22. Kind of far away, long enough to get the nerves going. Living in Provo really help I do well! Any tips for those who have interviewed?

Got an II! Only date I could pick was 3/22. Kind of far away, long enough to get the nerves going. Living in Provo really help I do well! Any tips for those who have interviewed?
I would say to try to stay as relaxed as possible and give your honest opinions about things, not what you think they want to hear. I am waitlisted, but during my interview my interviewer told me that I had thought about things in ways that she hadn’t and that she liked a few of my answers.

truly be yourself, bring your own perspective in!

Well I was rejected this morning. I thought the interview went so well. Not what I was expecting and I'm truly gutted. Goodluck to everyone else.
I'm so sorry. I defintely sensed your genuine enthusiam about this school from your posts. Please don't let this discourage you from becoming a physician if that is truly what you want.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was rejected this morning. I thought the interview went so well. Not what I was expecting and I'm truly gutted. Goodluck to everyone else.
I'm so sorry! Please, keep your head up! It's looking like another cycle for me too. I'm on WL, but it looks like several are too, so I doubt there will be much movement. Going to go ahead and schedule another MCAT.

I'm so sorry, speaking to you for only a brief moment I could sense your enthusiasm, please continue on and channel that enthusiasm!

So sorry. Wishing you all the best with your other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I
The last two accepted student days were in April.

Been a minute since I've checked this page, I'm a current 2nd year if anyone has any questions for current students! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! We look forward to you joining our Noorda Community :)
messaged you some questions if that’s alright :)

For accepted student day it seems like the in person option is only for the students right? Not family? If I’m reading it right? Virtual is for family and students?

For accepted student day it seems like the in person option is only for the students right? Not family? If I’m reading it right? Virtual is for family and students?
That's how I understood it. My girlfriend and I are going in person but she is just planning to take the car and do her own thing while I'm at the event lol

That's how I understood it. My girlfriend and I are going in person but she is just planning to take the car and do her own thing while I'm at the event lol
Thinking my fiancé will have to do the same 🤣 it’s not long anyway

Yes the lectures are more packed with content and don’t really have any fluff like the typical lecture might. I think they are much easier to focus on then a big lecture. Also there is a quiz every day over the material you learned that day that are always in board style question format! It seems kind of scary because it’s a new style but so far I love it and I wouldn’t be worried at all!
are they online quizzes or are we required to attend a class/go on campus to take it?

Congrats! I was wondering when you submitted your app? I'm still waiting for an II :)

Hi! Im a current OMS1 at Noorda COM DM me if you guys have any questions. :)

Anyone else’s background check gone off of exxat? I paid for it and now it’s gone, not sure what to do?

Anyone else’s background check gone off of exxat? I paid for it and now it’s gone, not sure what to do?

It appears this has happened to everyone thus far after it’s submitted! I haven’t done mine yet, but I think that means it’s been processed.

Has anyone started the loan process? How is it? Not doing it till mid April personally but just curious

Has anyone started the loan process? How is it? Not doing it till mid April personally but just curious
I haven't started yet because I'm still waiting to hear back from some interviews but it looks like it's going to be a longer process than what we're used to with fed loans, so we can't wait too long!

I haven't started yet because I'm still waiting to hear back from some interviews but it looks like it's going to be a longer process than what we're used to with fed loans, so we can't wait too long!
I also was holding off because I was waiting to hear back from other interviews. I ended up asking Christina if March was too late because I don't think I'll apply until then, and she said "I encourage students to apply sometime between December and March each year for the upcoming school year."

I think it’s fairly simple! Like you get the decision the same day!!

I also was holding off because I was waiting to hear back from other interviews. I ended up asking Christina if March was too late because I don't think I'll apply until then, and she said "I encourage students to apply sometime between December and March each year for the upcoming school year."
Maybe I’ll do the end of March then! Just trying to get my credit as high as I can before I apply

I think it’s fairly simple! Like you get the decision the same day!!
exactly, I applied online, they called and asked a few more questions and said I qualified that day.

exactly, I applied online, they called and asked a few more questions and said I qualified that day.
if I may ask, what type of questions? You can dm me if that’s more comfortable for you!

Welp! We're coming up on that soon! Fingers crossed we hear back from our other schools in the next few weeks.
Also have to start thinking about apartments haha! I'm from California so looking at Provo's rent prices is such a relief 😭

• Love
Welp! We're coming up on that soon! Fingers crossed we hear back from our other schools in the next few weeks.
Also have to start thinking about apartments haha! I'm from California so looking at Provo's rent prices is such a relief 😭
Totally agree about rent prices! I'm moving from Pittsburgh where rent isn't too bad, and excited to continue that trend for med school hahaha. Counting down to TMDSAS match day! :nailbiting:

Are you locked into the loans once you apply for them? Like many of you I am also still waiting to hear back from a few schools but I don’t want to miss out on securing loans for Noorda.

Are you locked into the loans once you apply for them? Like many of you I am also still waiting to hear back from a few schools but I don’t want to miss out on securing loans for Noorda.
I would definitely email Christina this!

No, you qualify and then accept them which one you want depending on rate. If you got in somewhere else you would use federal loans and disregard your loan you applied for.

I mainly hesitate to apply because I'm not sure that it will end up being necessary in the end. Applying for loans means that lenders look into your credit history which could drop your credit score a bit. I'm trying to avoid that if possible otherwise I would just apply!

Does anyone know if there's any published info on retention rates for the last 2 cohorts? I see that at Noorda, Years 1 and 2 are graded, not P/F so just curious

Does anyone know if there's any published info on retention rates for the last 2 cohorts? I see that at Noorda, Years 1 and 2 are graded, not P/F so just curious
If you look under their press conferences everyone (all 90 students) from inaugural class moved onto the second year!

I hope you get good news! Yep I will likely be taking another MCAT. It was definitely my weakness this cycle. Goodluck!
It's been nearly said to death, but keep your head up. It took me 3 cycles to get accepted. You got this!!

Seeing that building tour video on IG has me extra excited now!!

Reactions: 4 users
I have my interview late March, just super nervous :eek:... its the last interview time as well so I'm like what if they will just straight reject or wait list me

I have my interview late March, just super nervous :eek:... its the last interview time as well so I'm like what if they will just straight reject or wait list me
you have a shot otherwise they wouldn't offer interviews! best of luck!