2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A just now, interview was last week of October, OOS no ties

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A this afternoon! End of October interview. IS. No hold

Last edited:
  • Love
Has anyone else interviewed early October and not heard anything? No hold and no update on portal

Are there any current students willing to answer some questions about the preclinical curriculum? Those Friday exams are a bit intimidating.

Are there any current students willing to answer some questions about the preclinical curriculum? Those Friday exams are a bit intimidating.
The Friday exams are not graded. They're something to study for and try to do well on, but they are not something to fear (and really weren't when they were graded, which they were when I was a preclinical student).

I'm happy to answer questions, though, if you have them.

Reactions: 2 users
DM me too for any questions if interested! They actually open your weekends up well in my opinion, whereas I have friends with exams on Mondays and they fee like Saturday and Sunday are their busiest days

Reactions: 1 users
I would agree with what students above have said. It sounds daunting going in and even nerve-wracking completing your first one, but from my experience ends up being something that most students actually enjoy having in order to check your comprehension on a weekly basis in a low stakes environment (they are formative quizzes). It also allows you to take some time off from school over the weekend to rest and recharge before starting again the next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there multiple background checks? Or after you complete that email from certiphi you’re all squared away? The wording online is a bit confusing

Does anyone happen to have a % estimate of post-II acceptances OHSU gives out?

Has anyone else received an encrypted message from OHSU regarding your FAFSA application? I’m currently on hold so I assume they send it to everyone but just wanted to see :)

Has anyone else received an encrypted message from OHSU regarding your FAFSA application? I’m currently on hold so I assume they send it to everyone but just wanted to see :)
I got one and haven't even received an II yet... :(

Any more A's lately? The wait killing me did they give anyone an estimate, last cycle it seemed they told everyone 4-8 weeks, was anyone told the same this year?

Same! Interviewed late September and haven’t heard anything.
What I have been told is that 4-8 weeks is the rough estimate. Their review process is dependent on your one-on-one interviewer having the time to meet with the committee about your case. I hit the 8 week mark yesterday with no response. I did check in with an admissions coordinator and they said my file had not been reviewed by the committee yet. Unfortunately we've got to play the waiting game!

Best of luck to you!

Anecdotally from classmate's experiences, that 4-8 week turn around is often (unfortunately) inaccurate. Have heard people say they interviewed in the fall and didn't hear a peep for several months. They haven't lost your application or forgotten about you; they are just slowly but surely pluggin away. Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

• Care
they still interviewing here? No II, I might just give up lol. I am IS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anecdotally from classmate's experiences, that 4-8 week turn around is often (unfortunately) inaccurate. Have heard people say they interviewed in the fall and didn't hear a peep for several months. They haven't lost your application or forgotten about you; they are just slowly but surely pluggin away. Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!
definitely still interviewing, they will be interviewing into mid Feb

I’m scared. At 35, This is my last dance.
Don't be scared! And don't feel like if this cycle doesn't work out that is the end. There are tons of people at OHSU who start their journey later in life. I do understand if you've had enough of the application process and don't want to apply again for that reason; it can be pretty brutal. Just don't write yourself off if your only concern is that you are "too old." No such thing.

From my understanding, at this point under half of the total number of offers that will be made have been sent out. Take deep breaths, this whole process is a marathon not a sprint.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't be scared! And don't feel like if this cycle doesn't work out that is the end. There are tons of people at OHSU who start their journey later in life. I do understand if you've had enough of the application process and don't want to apply again for that reason; it can be pretty brutal. Just don't write yourself off if your only concern is that you are "too old." No such thing.

From my understanding, at this point under half of the total number of offers that will be made have been sent out. Take deep breaths, this whole process is a marathon not a sprint.
Thank you. I understand. Just needed to let that out. (Maybe on behalf of my weary fellows ;) )

I AM SHAKING I JUST GOT THE A!! I cannot process this right now.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if OHSU sends out post-iI Rs or does everyone get sent to hold if they’re not automatically admitted? Do people ever get moved from H to R before April 30th?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if OHSU sends out post-iI Rs or does everyone get sent to hold if they’re not automatically admitted? Do people ever get moved from H to R before April 30th?
Same question.

Bc the status says "Applicants put on hold may remain on hold until April 30, when final decisions are made. At that point you will hear a decision of Accept, Alternate, or Refuse."

Does may equally imply A, continuing H or R anytime until April 30? If A and H are options, so can R?

there can be post II R’s before the April 30th date. Each week the threshold for acceptance on the point system lowers a bit so you can get an acceptance at any time before April 30th (at that date the threshold drops dramatically one final time and a lot of people come off hold). But after your committee meets post interview a rejection is possible if your score is below a threshold, same with an A above another threshold, and an H anywhere in between, most people go into hold until the final day though

Reactions: 1 user
if people are getting accepted when interviewed at a later date than someone else, does this inherently mean that they waitlisting those previous students or is there no correlation at all?

if people are getting accepted when interviewed at a later date than someone else, does this inherently mean that they waitlisting those previous students or is there no correlation at all?
I would think the Accepted students interviewed a at later time just scored higher based on OHSU’s points system than the ones placed on hold. This is why I don’t understand rolling admissions.

It is also dependent on when your interviewer has the time to present to the admissions committee. So someones schedule just worked out better to get the file to admissions quicker than maybe yours, even if you were interviewed first. So there is not need worry about someone else who interviewed after you getting a decision before you. This obviously changes come April 30th when they drop that threshold a big jump one more time.

Just got a super last minute II for their MD/MPH program! Submitted 8/6 and OOS

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users