2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know what the waitlist/hold movement post-interview is like at psu?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Sorry to keep pestering, but does Penn provide any resources that we should plan on NOT buying? Ipad/stethoscope w.e. it may be. Thanks again.
DO NOT buy stethscope, reflex hammer, penlight. All given to you. laptop and ipad is supplied by you, however. highly recommend buying both

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is their policy on LOI or thank you emails? I apologize if this has been asked already.

For those who interviewed/ accepted this year what was your experience like?

For those who interviewed/ accepted this year what was your experience like?
Pretty solid. Felt like a normal traditional interview. I had two faculty (both MDs) interviews. The interview day is fun too! Lots of time to talk to the student and I remember the person who did the intros at the beginning (Mark something maybe?) was awesome!

+1
Pretty solid. Felt like a normal traditional interview. I had two faculty (both MDs) interviews. The interview day is fun too! Lots of time to talk to the student and I remember the person who did the intros at the beginning (Mark something maybe?) was awesome!
Mark is awesome!

We can't send letters of interest or update letters at all, right?

Just confirmed with the office: no update or LOI but thank you notes can be sent to the admissions general email and they will forward them to your interviewers

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought we could send LOI’s but they can’t include any updates? also, I appreciate all the love I got on my last post : ) def in a better place now!

I thought we could send LOI’s but they can’t include any updates? also, I appreciate all the love I got on my last post : ) def in a better place now!
hmmm i was told today via email that they don't accept LOIs and update letters. Did anyone try to send LOIs without updates by any chance?

is there a groupme?
We're currently working on a 2027 class specific groupme and discord. Expect to learn more around second-look day. For now, there is the class-specific facebook page

Reactions: 2 users
We're currently working on a 2027 class specific groupme and discord. Expect to learn more around second-look day. For now, there is the class-specific facebook page
thanks!

sorry if this was asked earlier, but when is second look day usually?

if we are interested in the university park program...can we still interview?
You had to have indicated you were interested in the secondary by completing the additional essay and you have to already be admitted to the program. Kristen Horn is very good about getting people interviews who did both of those things, so if you meet those requirements, you should email here about scheduling the interviews

just received an email about 2nd look day being on April 1!

Reactions: 5 users
post-secondary R from Penn State, submitted secondary 8/4/22, OOS, ORM, LM 70, LM 71

I am sorry to hear that, may I ask when were you complete? I wonder if they reject based on the complete date, I added penn state later so my app was complete on 10/29.
Complete 8/7 and was on hold since october. Almost had a mini heart attack when I saw the email but then i read "denied" :)

Did anyone who initially received a post II hold later get accepted?

For Hershey or UP? I haven’t received anything and i’ve been accepted. Anyone else?
It was Hershey, I emailed Ms. Horn at the UP campus earlier today to see if they were planning anything as well because I would love to check them out too the same day

Also, UP decisions start sometime next week!!! AHHHH so excited but nervous

• Love
It was Hershey, I emailed Ms. Horn at the UP campus earlier today to see if they were planning anything as well because I would love to check them out too the same day

Also, UP decisions start sometime next week!!! AHHHH so excited but nervous
Ahhhhh!!! How many of us on here applied for UP Program?

Ahhhhh!!! How many of us on here applied for UP Program?
One of the current students mentioned that about 40 people applied last year but I can't verify that number in any way. It seems like it was more competitive this year though

One of the current students mentioned that about 40 people applied last year but I can't verify that number in any way. It seems like it was more competitive this year though
i did but I didn't get an interview for UP only Hershey. Is that something that only happens after you are accepted?

Did anyone else get the email? I'm wondering if they're staggering it on diff days?
I didn't… is it maybe sent to our Penn State emails? I can check when I get home

I didn't… is it maybe sent to our Penn State emails? I can check when I get home
I don't think our Penn state emails are fully active yet? I called the IT department a few days ago because I kept getting an error and they said the email is fully activated once you start enrolling into classes

I don't think our Penn state emails are fully active yet? I called the IT department a few days ago because I kept getting an error and they said the email is fully activated once you start enrolling into classes
Hm ok. I hadn’t even tried to log in yet, so thanks for saving me the time!

Is there anyone else who interviewed in November still waiting to hear back? Have they given out rejections post interview yet?

Has anyone received any news on scholarships or financial packages?

I interviewed! I heard there are more applicants this year already than ever...good for the program but tough for us

• Haha
I interviewed! I heard there are more applicants this year already than ever...good for the program but tough for us
The email from Kristen Horn made me jump thinking we heard back early! Just another recruitment email lol