2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody that applied to the Utah campus heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
II on 9/1, completed the interview on 9/9, accepted yesterday (9/21)!

I did not, they gave me a phone call. Apparently if you get a phone call then you’re accepted, but if you receive an email then it is deferral or waitlist.

If I applied for UT but would prefer the CO campus do I need to submit another application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back lately? I submitted my secondary early August and was complete late August/early September and haven’t heard anything.

Any current RVUCOM-SU students? I was just accepted to the Montana campus and was hoping to ask some questions to students at a branch campus, being that we don’t have any students to ask up here :)

Hey everyone! I'm a current 3rd year on the Utah campus. Happy to answer any questions any of you may have!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed Sept 12- haven't heard anything back yet... should i be worried

yup nothing there
I believe the admissions committee meets every two weeks, and then acceptances have to be approved by the dean. I wouldn't start worrying about it just yet, but I completely understand the anxiety of waiting for it.

For those who have had interviews, what month was your application completed?

Just got the call! My first A!!! I’m a reapplicant and had 0 interviews last cycle so this feels so surreal 😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
omg got the call!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

• Wow
Anyone know if any interviews have gone out lately??

Apparently I was accidentally watching the Colorado thread, but just got the call today, I'm in! Interviewed on Oct. 10th.

Did anyone else get the email about the accepted student day? I'm planning on going.

debating whether or not I should interview at this place, what do you guys like about the school?

My application has been complete for a while now and at this point if they are going to reject me I just wish they would send the rejection sooner rather then later

Does anyone want to share how their interview experience was? This school is on the top of my list and I really want to get in

Does anyone want to share how their interview experience was? This school is on the top of my list and I really want to get in
This was the first school I got an interview with, I had an interview with two professors from the school, one MD and one DO. I had questions that were a mix of somewhat generic interview questions (why do you want to be a doctor, how did you respond to failure, etc) and other questions about specific portions of my personal statement/application (I had something very specific in common with one of my interviewers, I think we were matched up deliberately). All in all I thought the interview was very fair and allowed me to showcase myself well. I also had a lot of time to ask questions.
Interview day was very bare bones, I basically showed up in the zoom meeting, they said hi, and then almost immediately moved us to breakout rooms with our interviewers, and then when I was done I just left. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users

My interview experience was super chill! I had one DO and one volunteer for the school interview me. They were both so nice and easy to talk to! The first 5-10 minutes of my interview was small talk so it was a nice way to ease into the questions. It was a pretty basic interview that lasted about 30 minutes and 15 minutes for me to ask them questions. They asked why RVUCOM, why medicine, and why DO. They asked a little bit about my experiences section on my primary. They asked me to define professionalism, a time that I was unprofessional, and a scenario question. I think that was about it! It was honestly pretty relaxed and the interviewers gave positive feedback to my answers and kinda bounced off of things I mentioned so it felt more like a conversation than an interview. It made me appreciate the school a lot more.

I interviewed October 19, so hopefully I will get the decision this week!

Good luck!!! You'll do great!!

Reactions: 2 users
My application has been complete for a while now and at this point if they are going to reject me I just wish they would send the rejection sooner rather then later
Same, I had my letters and secondary complete early August and its been silence. MCAT and GPA are competitive based on the class of 2026 class profile and I have tons of meaningful EC's that seemed to line up perfectly with RVU's mission. I've interviewed at a few other places but am super disappointed with the silence from RVU

This was the first school I got an interview with, I had an interview with two professors from the school, one MD and one DO. I had questions that were a mix of somewhat generic interview questions (why do you want to be a doctor, how did you respond to failure, etc) and other questions about specific portions of my personal statement/application (I had something very specific in common with one of my interviewers, I think we were matched up deliberately). All in all I thought the interview was very fair and allowed me to showcase myself well. I also had a lot of time to ask questions.
Interview day was very bare bones, I basically showed up in the zoom meeting, they said hi, and then almost immediately moved us to breakout rooms with our interviewers, and then when I was done I just left. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thank you so much!! This is super helpful. I guess it work be great if I can review my application and be really familiar with everything I wrote. I hope my interviewers are good and people I can connect with. This is my second interview and my first interview had no doctors which kind of sucked

My interview experience was super chill! I had one DO and one volunteer for the school interview me. They were both so nice and easy to talk to! The first 5-10 minutes of my interview was small talk so it was a nice way to ease into the questions. It was a pretty basic interview that lasted about 30 minutes and 15 minutes for me to ask them questions. They asked why RVUCOM, why medicine, and why DO. They asked a little bit about my experiences section on my primary. They asked me to define professionalism, a time that I was unprofessional, and a scenario question. I think that was about it! It was honestly pretty relaxed and the interviewers gave positive feedback to my answers and kinda bounced off of things I mentioned so it felt more like a conversation than an interview. It made me appreciate the school a lot more.

I interviewed October 19, so hopefully I will get the decision this week!

Good luck!!! You'll do great!!
Thank you so much, this is very helpful!! I like how you mentioned it was conversational because that's what I prefer. I hope you get in too!!