2022-2023 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview?
9/9. I thought I had no shot at a pre-match since it was so late and I did not get offered during the first few waves.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!! I'm assuming the 1/20 interviews are still being evaluated?
I think everyone recieves an email once their completed file and interview has been reviewed. I think it took several weeks after interview. So while still possible you could pre-match, definitely prepare to have to wait until match to find out!

Reactions: 1 user
I think everyone recieves an email once their completed file and interview has been reviewed. I think it took several weeks after interview. So while still possible you could pre-match, definitely prepare to have to wait until match to find out!
I guess the best bet is just to wait a month then :)... I think the pre match period ends in the end of January.

I guess the best bet is just to wait a month then :)... I think the pre match period ends in the end of January.
I think it is best to wait and if one comes in it will be a pleasant surprise. I have no prematches, and at this point I do not expect any news until match day.

Do the majority of Texas applicants who get admitted usually get the A on match day?

just pre-matched here!!! how long does it take tmdsas to update as well?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any out of state students received any acceptances? Interviewed 12/2 and still haven’t heard anything back but got an email 12/14 notifying that the review of my app was complete. Hoping for good news after match day.

Last edited:
if we accept a pre-match offer, is it binding? and do other schools see that we accepted?

do they see the exact schools that we accept though?
I don’t know but I think not.
They can see which other schools have invited you for an interview but your choices and your rank list are confidential and will go through the match algorithm for a result.
You can rank interviewed schools in any order

• Love
Does "Your admissions file is complete and being reviewed" means that they are just evaluating the interview?

Do you guys know if ALL of the spots are going to be given via pre match?

Do you guys know if ALL of the spots are going to be given via pre match?
Likely they will prematch somewhere around 40 but we can't say for certain. Also, there will most likely be a handful of people who don't accept the prematch and are matched on match day or even later

Likely they will prematch somewhere around 40 but we can't say for certain. Also, there will most likely be a handful of people who don't accept the prematch and are matched on match day or even later
I second this. There’s going to be a lot of movement during match because many people holding prematches also hold prematches to other schools. I wouldn’t stress about prematching to a school. Atleast that what I’m telling myself 😅

Only like 7% of students prematch I think was the stat

I don't know how much merit my anecdote will hold, but it seemed that a lot of the people at the interview interviewed at many other Texas schools, so I think you are right.

I don't know how much merit my anecdote will hold, but it seemed that a lot of the people at the interview interviewed at many other Texas schools, so I think you are right.
Also, they will prematch much more than the 40 I said earlier. I was thinking of the wrong school lmao

Also, they will prematch much more than the 40 I said earlier. I was thinking of the wrong school lmao
They’ve probably sent enough to prematches to theoretically fill their class but many of these students will go elsewhere.

I know they matriculated 112 students, but how many acceptances did they send out?
We don’t have that information. But keep in mind there will be 150 matriculants this fall. Don’t stress over the number of pre matches or acceptances, worrying about them won’t change the chances and will just cause unnecessary stress. Best of luck to you!

They’ve probably sent enough to prematches to theoretically fill their class but many of these students will go elsewhere.
This may not necessarily be true. Many schools in Texas do not "fill" their class during the prematch period and instead let the Match work.

This may not necessarily be true. Many schools in Texas do not "fill" their class during the prematch period and instead let the Match work.
I’m in no way stating a fact just based off what i’ve seen on SDN and with people I know. They interviewed close to a thousand people this year, so its not unlikely they sent atleast a 100.

anyone who interviewed during 1/20 get their application complete or get a pre match?

anyone who interviewed during 1/20 get their application complete or get a pre match?
It takes a few weeks to get the complete email (mine took a little over a month) and pre-matches aren’t sent after January so you most likely won’t hear back until Match Day!

It takes a few weeks to get the complete email (mine took a little over a month) and pre-matches aren’t sent after January so you most likely won’t hear back until Match Day!
So is the pre match period officially over?? I got the email saying my app is reviewed just now.

So is the pre match period officially over?? I got the email saying my app is reviewed just now.
Yes, but don’t worry. Get your schools ranked and we only have a few more weeks until match day!!

Would someone happen to know whether we have to send transcripts or not to TMDSAS?