2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silent waitlister here! I need to CTE for another school by mid June, as I’m sure others do. Is this something I should communicate with WashU’s admissions team about? If so, how soon should I reach out? I’m still holding out hope for an A call but I’m starting to feel stressed about postponing moving plans/ finding lodging and having a chaotic few weeks before school 🙃 All worth it if the A lies ahead tho, best of luck to everyone still in the waiting game!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everyone. Any idea how much the wait list has moved this year? Not much activity on this thread……..

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone. Any idea how much the wait list has moved this year? Not much activity on this thread……..
Not sure if this 100% answers your question but the class group on FB is at 130 members, +7 in the last week. some of those are current students though so i don't think the class is full

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year the FB group reportedly went up to 168; even after that, there was movement as people got off, and some presumably trickled out. The CYMS glitch probably caused a delay, as WashU's WL is unranked.

Maybe this year will be slower, but it seems like it's kind of just getting started.

Reactions: 4 users
Dying to get an A off this waitlist lol. Is anyone else still feeling this way?🫠

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Dying to get an A off this waitlist lol. Is anyone else still feeling this way?🫠
Seriously, same. Sent an email this week, been a little slow on the replies lately. Hopefully that's not a bad sign ...

Anyone else just get the WL email that is a copy and paste of their last email lol

Someone on admissions really likes to mess with us huh…😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a confirmation/response of their LOIs being received?

Has anyone gotten a confirmation/response of their LOIs being received?
I emailed and uploaded mine, and they responded to my email confirming that they saw the version I uploaded was in my file

If anyone on admissions happens to check sdn I just want to say how stupid these emails are.

"In an effort to be transparent regarding the acceptance process" if you actually want to be transparent tell us how many people are waitlisted and how many open spots there are left

Reactions: 11 users
If anyone on admissions happens to check sdn I just want to say how stupid these emails are.

"In an effort to be transparent regarding the acceptance process" if you actually want to be transparent tell us how many people are waitlisted and how many open spots there are left
My favorite is that they say “here’s an update” and provide no actual update. Super.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I sent a second LOI like last week or two ago and never got confirmation lol…whoops hopefully not a bad sign

Also lol the email says they encourage us to send a LOI… I’ve alr sent two by now lol not trying to come off as even more desperate

Got off the waitlist earlier today! Seriously could not be more grateful 🙏🏼

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Is there a FB/GroupMe for accepted students? I'd love to join and get to know y'all!

• Love
Hey yall would it be safe to assume that waitlist movement is pretty much over?

Hey yall would it be safe to assume that waitlist movement is pretty much over?
I very much doubt that! They are definitely sifting through applications as I received an email of thanks for withdrawing due to CTE-ing to another school. I promise it wasn't an automatic email--it was a personal one.

Reactions: 9 users
Could someone provide an update on the current FB and GroupMe numbers?

Reactions: 3 users
Getting a strange sense this might be over soon, if anything because I got a CTE date creeping up on a dual-degree program. Already sent in a ton of LOIs, ain't much to be done otherwise.

I'mma post up in here if I catch an A. Otherwise, godspeed you glorious people. Wish you all the best!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
It’s over for the rest of us on the WL, isn’t it?

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance! Best of luck to y'all!
Less exciting but I also just withdrew from the WL and am committing elsewhere - best of luck to the WLers here, hoping super hard that you get in!

• Care
Also just got off the WL! 10:45am EST (also been waiting since October lol)! I'd appreciate it if someone could send me the GroupMe link.

• Love
Got off the WL late last week. I'd also appreciate the GroupMe and/or Facebook group info. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey friends -- just FYI, I emailed today since my CTE for another school is tomorrow, and they said they presently do not plan to make any more offers of admission. Just thought I'd let anyone know who was still waiting.

Does everybody else's CYMS tool say "no longer under consideration" for Washington University? Just wondering, I never got an email or anything.

Does everybody else's CYMS tool say "no longer under consideration" for Washington University? Just wondering, I never got an email or anything.
Yea see the post @matchboxtasha made. I think WashU's donezo for the cycle. A formal email notification would have been nice for sure though