2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that 15 business days from the first interview day or from the MMI day?
MMI day. I contacted them about something separate yesterday and they told me that the director of admissions is on vacation right now so I’m not sure that might delay things

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed here received an R post-interview? Or does Western ghost rejected applicants til the end of the cycle

Receive the “app is still in consideration” email. Does this mean anything or so I not really read into it?
Doesn’t mean anything. I’ve received like a hundred at this point lol and still nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone just get an email about applying for the board of trustees scholarship? I have interviewed here but havent gotten a decision yet so not sure if this is sent to everyone.

Did anyone just get an email about applying for the board of trustees scholarship? I have interviewed here but havent gotten a decision yet so not sure if this is sent to everyone.
+1, but I have not received an II yet

Reactions: 4 users

Yeah I received it too. It doesn’t mean anything, I’ve been receiving it for the past few weeks even before my II.

yes thats why true P/F clinical years are amazing, very few schools have this, no DO schools, mostly top-end MD schools. It allows you to focus on learning from the rotation and figuring out if it is the correct specialty for you rather than trying to figure out how to please/impress your attendings (aka, offering to stay late when there is very little educational value, asking extra questions to "show interest", buying attendings gifts at the end of rotations, etc - not saying you can't do this if you genuinely want to) while studying for a shelf exam (which makes up 30% of your clerkship grade @ western. differs program to program)

Its a lot easier to get a P in P/F than H in F, P, HP, H system.
i think kcu-com has p/f clinical years - but won't it be hard to distinguish yourself from others if all 4 years are p/f?

i think kcu-com has p/f clinical years - but won't it be hard to distinguish yourself from others if all 4 years are p/f?
Do they rank internally tho? You can be P/F and still be ranked

Also reason why it’s only top end MD programs that have true pass fail, their students are all assumed to be excellent

Last edited:
ACCEPTANCE OFFER RECEIVED. Interviewed 01-17-23. GL everyone else. Im BUZZIN’..

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I submitted my primary in October and never received a secondary. Is it safe to say I was screened out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 1/17 and I just got placed on the alternative list. This is the second school that has told me this. I've only had two interviews this cycle. I feel defeated :cryi:

What can I do to get off the alternative list?

• Care
+1 alternate list for interview 1/17. Anyone know if there is usually a lot of movement at this time?

+1 alternate list for interview 1/17. Anyone know if there is usually a lot of movement at this time?
I believe movement only starts in the Spring and it's usually late Spring

Hey y’all I got accepted this week and I was wondering if any current students are comfortable speaking honestly about this school. Dm me if you are, it would be a huge help 😬

Really grateful to have an acceptance from here and UNECOM. I'm from the east coast so UNE is a lot closer...but the prospects of living in Cali is very tempting. Does anyone have any insight between the two schools? I know they are both pretty strong programs (good match rates, board results).

That’s all DO programs. Lost 2k myself to touro

Got the A yesterday too!!! Interviewed 1/27. So glad - I loved this school :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got the A call on thursday, interviewed 1/27!! ecstatic and so grateful!!

has anyones online app status been updated yet/received any emails from the school?

For those of you who interviewed here, how long are the panel interview and the MMI respectively? Thanks!

Did anyone get the open house email invite today? lol didn't even get a II yet

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who interviewed here, how long are the panel interview and the MMI respectively? Thanks!
30 min for the panel, 1 min to read situation then 5 mins of convo for each station (2 stations total)

Am I the only one that has heard nothing back after my secondary other than regular emails once a week saying “your application is still under consideration, thank you for being patient with us”

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one that has heard nothing back after my secondary other than regular emails once a week saying “your application is still under consideration, thank you for being patient with us”
def not, same boat

If the class Facebook serves as some kind of metric, there is roughly 1/3 of the available seats left for the class of 2027. However, there will be students that eventually drop off if they are awaiting other school acceptances.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the class Facebook serves as some kind of metric, there is roughly 1/3 of the available seats left for the class of 2027. However, there will be students that eventually drop off if they are awaiting other school acceptances.
Do you mind sharing the link to the class Facebook? Thank you!

Anyone else get the "Application Still with Admissions" email this morning :,(

Anyone else get the "Application Still with Admissions" email this morning :,(
i’ve literally gotten like 6 of these I don’t know if it actually indicates the possibility of an interview or if they just send that to everyone

Last edited:
i’ve literally gotten like 6 of these I don’t know if it actually indicates the possibility of an interview or if they just send that to everyone
they are automated emails they send out to all applicants who haven’t gotten an interview yet. i got several before i got my ii, there seems to be no correlation

II this morning! IS (and received the "Application still with admission" email yesterday too hahah)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users