2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who got calls, are your portals updated?
no, mine isn't. kinda freaking out after hearing that apparently some calls were accidents??

Members don't see this ad.

Unbelievable. I called them just like another user here; and they said “around 40” students were called last week by mistake and offered a false acceptance. They have known about this for enough time now but have not issued any formal apologies or acknowledgment yet. I am devastated right now. Celebrated with friends and family, all for it to be an error. They said all 40 of us were “at the top of the waitlist” for spots and “not to worry” because they usually exhaust their waitlist but… feels like I can’t trust anything they say honestly. This is beyond f’d up.
Dang 40 students. This is crazy!!! I am so sorry you had to go through this. Also, did we all interview for the waitlist? I though someone said that the class was only half full?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unbelievable. I called them just like another user here; and they said “around 40” students were called last week by mistake and offered a false acceptance. They have known about this for enough time now but have not issued any formal apologies or acknowledgment yet. I am devastated right now. Celebrated with friends and family, all for it to be an error. They said all 40 of us were “at the top of the waitlist” for spots and “not to worry” because they usually exhaust their waitlist but… feels like I can’t trust anything they say honestly. This is beyond f’d up.
I’m sorry this happened to you all. WesternU, as with most DO schools are ppls backup so there are typically A LOT of movement come May-July

Reactions: 1 user
Dang 40 students. This is crazy!!! I am so sorry you had to go through this. Also, did we all interview for the waitlist? I though someone said that the class was only half full?
No idea. They didn’t say.

This is beyond messed up. Why haven’t they communicated anything to the ones interviewed??

Reactions: 1 users

I’m so sorry this happened to you I was hoping it didn’t :(

I’m so sorry that you all had to go through this. It’s really messed up. But what does it mean if you received no call last week? Like rejection? Or what

why did it take until we called to find out about it a week later…

Like what if people withdrew A’s from other schools? Or withdrew interview invites so other applicants had a chance at other schools bc this was their first choice… you know? Like I almost did haha. How disastrous could that have been?
Exactly! What about people who are planning housing?? Moving away is heck of a process

that's madness, i'm so sorry to hear

Did anyone hear back anything from them??

I just got an email that I am an "alternate candidate." :cryi: How likely is it that I will get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
update, they posted a letter of acceptance to my portal! not sure exactly what happened but I’m just grateful it’s legitimate this time!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
hey yall, quick question—im recently admitted and it says the deposit is due on 3/17. does that mean i have until 3/17 to accept/decline the offer or do i need to do that by an earlier date?

I received acceptance today in the evening!!!! My letter was directly posted to my application page. I am super excited!!!!!!! Wishing everybody the best!!!

• Love
hey yall, quick question—im recently admitted and it says the deposit is due on 3/17. does that mean i have until 3/17 to accept/decline the offer or do i need to do that by an earlier date?
Same here. I think we have until 3/17

How soon after accepting the offer and paying the deposit do you get your WesternU email?

Hey guys, I am applying this cycle and would love to get accepted at WesternU Pomona. My gpa is 3.8, 508 mcat, and i am a CA resident. what are my chances for Pomona, do i need to retake the mcat? I would appreciate any advice :))))

Hey guys, I am applying this cycle and would love to get accepted at WesternU Pomona. My gpa is 3.8, 508 mcat, and i am a CA resident. what are my chances for Pomona, do i need to retake the mcat? I would appreciate any advice :))))
Got an II with LM of 68 OOS. Statwise you’re in good shape imo

I got an A with similar stats and also a CA resident! You’re fine statwise :)

I got in this cycle with 3.6 and 508 mcat!! CA resident URM
I think ur extracurriculars/activities play a part as well; but mine were not extraordinary

I got in this cycle with 3.6 and 508 mcat!! CA resident URM
I think ur extracurriculars/activities play a part as well; but mine were not extraordinary
Oh, congrats on the acceptance :))) Can I pm you really quick?

Stats wise I think you are great! Western values applicants who have a solid understanding of why DO and how they see themselves succeeding at the school so just make sure your essays articulate that. I'm OOS with a 507 MCAT and 3.8 GPA and got an A!

Has anyone that's been accepted done IB (international Baccalaureate) courses - similar to AP. I recieved 24 transfer credits total including English. The only issue is that those credits are not specified on my undergraduate transcript. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or would I have to do 2 English courses again.

Has anyone that's been accepted done IB (international Baccalaureate) courses - similar to AP. I recieved 24 transfer credits total including English. The only issue is that those credits are not specified on my undergraduate transcript. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or would I have to do 2 English courses again.

i have IB and AP credits that i included on my AMCAS transcript and i got an II, and my IB credits are also for English, but my undergrad transcript says both IB and AP. what does your undergrad transcript list them as, just transfer credits?

Also got an II with both IB and AP credits. I haven't seen my official transcript, but based on my unofficial transcript it doesn't seem like the courses are specified. I listed the courses with specific names myself in that section on my AMCAS/AACOMAS applications and I was verified and haven't faced any issues from schools that accept AP/IB credits. Idk I feel like worst case they might just ask you to send your high school transcript or send your AP/IB scores.

Is there any accepted student group??

does anybody know where it would be best to submit a letter of intent? is it just to the admissions email or should it be through the portal where we can submit extra materials?

also have any alternate candidates heard anything back yet after accepting their offer?

I’ve only gotten emails from time to time saying they’re still reviewing my app… anyone in the same boat? Is this normal lol

does anybody know where it would be best to submit a letter of intent? is it just to the admissions email or should it be through the portal where we can submit extra materials?

also have any alternate candidates heard anything back yet after accepting their offer?
i did both. uploaded mine through the portal and sent an email to my admissions counselor with an attached pdf just in case. havent heard back yet

They had advised me to upload it in the application portal.

For those who interviewed 2/24, does anyone know when we are expected to hear back?

could a current student at Western help with my letter of intent? thank you!

i did both. uploaded mine through the portal and sent an email to my admissions counselor with an attached pdf just in case. havent heard back yet
They had advised me to upload it in the application portal.
okay i sent mine too !! do you both want to start a group so we can keep in touch if alternate movement starts?
also have you guys heard anything about approx time that alternate movement might begin?

Question: how long do both the panel interview day and MMI day go on? I need to get coverage for work but I can’t seem to find concerned info anywhere about how long the interview days will be

II received today, OOS ORM

Reactions: 2 users
Any interview tips??? This is the dream school so nerves are factoring in here more than anywhere else.

Question: how long do both the panel interview day and MMI day go on? I need to get coverage for work but I can’t seem to find concerned info anywhere about how long the interview days will be
MMI session is 30 min, the panel interview day was 2 - 2.5 hours

• Wow
II invite today! does anyone know if they’re just interviewing for the waitlist at this point?