2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you apply for this the summer before you start dental school in the fall? or an entire year before

And it can be many professional programs. I’m a DO student but this is the only current active thread on the scholarship so I’ve been creepin on the dental students lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
And it can be many professional programs. I’m a DO student but this is the only current active thread on the scholarship so I’ve been creepin on the dental students lol
I am a DO student as well and I agree this is the only active thread….and there are some entertaining comments 😁!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i’m begging the NHSC committee to send out finalist emails tomorrow. the wait is killing me.

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah, this whole thing has gotten me so stressed out without having any timeline on when things are supposed to happen. I have orientation tomorrow 😭

Reactions: 2 users
I am seeing that the site is down, I hope that means they are making the changes so notifications can go out today. 😬🤞🏾

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what time they sent the emails out last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
website is back up for me. status is still under review.

I am a finalist!!!! Thank you God 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did you get an email for it or did you just check the portal and it was there? My portal wont load right now
check your spam folder because my portal said it before I got the email but the email went to spam

Does the finalist email mean we are still in consideration for the scholarship or can we take it that we are awarded??

Reactions: 3 users
Does the finalist email mean we are still in consideration for the scholarship or can we take it that we are awarded??

as far as i know it’s basically 99% certain we have it

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
did everyone get the email or is it only
finalists?

Just got off the phone with customer service and they said the portal is down and to check back periodically. I'm thinking the site is overwhelmed with people trying to accept. I was able to click accept and submit but the page just said it was loading for nearly 10 minutes. Hopefully it went through!

Just got off the phone with customer service and they said the portal is down and to check back periodically. I'm thinking the site is overwhelmed with people trying to accept. I was able to click accept and submit but the page just said it was loading for nearly 10 minutes. Hopefully it went through!
Do you have to submit the W-4 form before accepting?

If my application still says under review and I have not gotten an email is there still hope of being chosen as a finalist?

If my application still says under review and I have not gotten an email is there still hope of being chosen as a finalist?
I’m in the same boat

same! Do you know what percent of finalists are awarded the scholarship ?

from what others have said it’s like 99.9% if you get the finalist notification

Reactions: 1 users

iirc in past years they send out multiple rounds.

Same. And I also got a credit check

Got my email! I’m a finalist! You have to complete a w4 and upload it and a fall enrollment verification that needs signed by admin at your school. You enter in bank info too. Everything needs submitted by Aug 13th. Congrats everyone who got their email and fingers crossed for those awaiting the next round!

Reactions: 4 users
Got my email! I’m a finalist! You have to complete a w4 and upload it and a fall enrollment verification that needs signed by admin at your school. You enter in bank info too. Everything needs submitted by Aug 13th. Congrats everyone who got their email and fingers crossed for those awaiting the next round!
I'm a finalist. What if you switch schools (got accepted to a diffrent school after submitting application). I contacted NHSC to switch schools but was told I may be DQed, and asked to be escalated to NHSC representative. Apparently I'll get an email back.

So should I fill out EVF for the school I marticulated at ? Classes started July 25th.

Panicking here. Have exams as well.

*** Does EVF need to be filled out by financial aid or Admissions office or another office? Registrar ?