2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a completed application after submitting their secondary email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received complete email 3 days ago, submitted secondary about 3 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 user
anyones app still in screening with a red X?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school accept updates or letters of intent?

if I don't accept the II, will I be considered by other VCOM campuses or am I only eligible to be accepted at LA campus?

Does anyone accepted know when the tuition deposit is due?

So I was marked complete but I have not heard anything about an interview, does that mean they passed me over?

When did you submit and when did you get marked complete?
submitted 8/2 marked complete 8/29. I emailed them today asking this question and they said "you will want to keep an eye out for a possible email or phone call"(quoted directly from the email) so idk if they are just saying that or if may mean a possible interview, thoughts?

Reactions: 2 users
I've been at screening since 6/26. I had a pending MCAT score that was just released last week, but still have yet to hear anything. Any suggestions?

I've been at screening since 6/26. I had a pending MCAT score that was just released last week, but still have yet to hear anything. Any suggestions?
Since your MCAT just got released, admissions will input it soon. I'd say call in a week for an update.

Got the A via phone call just now! Interviewed 9/5!

How was the interview process? Just got an invitation!
I really enjoyed it! They give you an overview of the curriculum, then you're broken up into groups. One group does a group activity while the other group does their interviews, then you switch. There's a student panel where you're able to ask questions, as well. My interview was with two faculty members, pretty low stress and conversational!

I really enjoyed it! They give you an overview of the curriculum, then you're broken up into groups. One group does a group activity while the other group does their interviews, then you switch. There's a student panel where you're able to ask questions, as well. My interview was with two faculty members, pretty low stress and conversational!
Was the group activity something you were assessed on?

For anyone who has interviewed already, how long does the interview last? What time does it end? If I'm flying in, can I take a 6 or 7 p.m. flight that night, or will I be at the school until 5 pm?