2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Might be early but got the interview invite 3-4 days ago and submitted the video

Just fyi :) good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Might be early but got the interview invite 3-4 days ago and submitted the video

Just fyi :) good luck
Does anyone know if it's better to submit the video asap or wait until the time of our info session? I wanted to wait it out and recover from a terrible haircut..

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning and congratulation on being selected for an interview at LECOM at Elmira. As we are preparing for your upcoming group Zoom Informational Session we would like to have you complete the below form to let us know if you are interested in the LECOM Early Decision Program.

This form will allow us to gain a better understanding of those applicants that would like to participate in the program before your informational session.

Early Decision Program Notification

Opting to participate in the Early Decision Program you will receive notification of your application status before or by September 30th. This is also acknowledged that if you are accepted into the Class of 2028, you will be prepared to pay your $1,500 (non-refundable) deposit within 30 days of the date of your letter.

Opting to not participate or deferring your application status, you understand that you will not receive a notification on your application until November 15th or later.

did anyone else get this email? if you don't opt for ED you won't hear back until november? seems weird to me

Good morning and congratulation on being selected for an interview at LECOM at Elmira. As we are preparing for your upcoming group Zoom Informational Session we would like to have you complete the below form to let us know if you are interested in the LECOM Early Decision Program.

This form will allow us to gain a better understanding of those applicants that would like to participate in the program before your informational session.

Opting to participate in the Early Decision Program you will receive notification of your application status before or by September 30th. This is also acknowledged that if you are accepted into the Class of 2028, you will be prepared to pay your $1,500 (non-refundable) deposit within 30 days of the date of your letter.

Opting to not participate or deferring your application status, you understand that you will not receive a notification on your application until November 15th or later.

did anyone else get this email? if you don't opt for ED you won't hear back until november? seems weird to me
Yes I got one for my interview at Seton Hill

received mine just now, yea kind of weird. Ill have to think hard about it.

For the folks who got ll today, When did you guys submit secondary?

Does anyone know if this is binding if you do go ED? And do they frown upon those who chose not to apply ED/ does it negatively impact the application moving forward?

Does anyone know if this is binding if you do go ED? And do they frown upon those who chose not to apply ED/ does it negatively impact the application moving forward?
it should not be binding, as it did not state that in their email. I think it's more like if you would like to be considered, but there is no binding agreement. I also did it to increase my chances of acceptance since my decision would be made early, and somewhat hopefully secure an early acceptance

it should not be binding, as it did not state that in their email. I think it's more like if you would like to be considered, but there is no binding agreement. I also did it to increase my chances of acceptance since my decision would be made early, and somewhat hopefully secure an early acceptance
I was thinking along the same lines. I am still hesitant about paying the deposit earlier if I do ED, considering there is a chance I can get offers at other MD/DO schools I am more interested in.

I was thinking along the same lines. I am still hesitant about paying the deposit earlier if I do ED, considering there is a chance I can get offers at other MD/DO schools I am more interested in.
I understand; for me, it made sense to secure an early decision, and if accepted, I would not mind going to that school. I decide that if I get accepted into my top choice, then I would not mind wasting the 1500.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an ii! My first one, Does anyone if lecom gives them out to everyone and what kind of questions they ask in the mini interview

Last edited:
II this AM, supplemental application was processed 7/26.

II this AM! Complete about a week ago. Anyone else receive an II and only able to schedule beginning November o_O

IS II ! Completed about a week or 2 ago. LM 69 ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone share info about the information session? Is there an interview?

Can someone share info about the information session? Is there an interview?
You record yourself answering some questions the week of the information session. I don’t think you know the questions until you start the official recording session. You can do it before hand but they won’t review it until the week of they said

You record yourself answering some questions the week of the information session. I don’t think you know the questions until you start the official recording session. You can do it before hand but they won’t review it until the week of they said
Thanks- I completed this already and agree with what you said for others asking. I am curious if anyone has already completed the informational session and has insight there. My friend at Erie says they sometimes ask interview questions.

Thanks- I completed this already and agree with what you said for others asking. I am curious if anyone has already completed the informational session and has insight there. My friend at Erie says they sometimes ask interview questions.
Oh shoot I had no idea. Curious to hear about this too from those who may know

Yep I was going to confirm you are asked group question and it’s very difficult to get your answer in so try to answer first

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I just got an II from Elmira but how do you schedule the informational session so you know when to turn in the video interview?

Hi! I just got an II from Elmira but how do you schedule the informational session so you know when to turn in the video interview?
Congratulations! The steps for how to schedule the information session are supposed to be in the same email informing you of your interview.

"To self-select a date for your informational session, please log on to our LECOM self-service portal at the follow address : https://portal.lecom.edu

1. Enter your username and password.
  2. Go to the Admissions Tab.
  3. On the left side, select Interview.
  4. Select from the dropdown to reveal the interview calendar.
  5. Click an available date on the calendar. (Available dates are blue, dates that are unavailable (full) are in black.)
  6. Click "Confirm" to accept the date or "Cancel" to start over. Your confirmed interview date will be displayed on the screen."

Thank you so much, it's my first II I can't believe it! I did not get this information in the email, but when I log into my portal it says they will send me an email with the instructions for scheduling the date. In the portal is it normal for there to be only one date available in blue, months away?

Also, is the informational session also virtual?

Last edited:
  • Care
Thank you so much, it's my first II I can't believe it! I did not get this information in the email, but when I log into my portal it says they will send me an email with the instructions for scheduling the date. In the portal is it normal for there to be only one date available in blue, months away?

Also, is the informational session also virtual?
Yes! A few months out is totally normal. Interview and info session are both virtual.

Thank you! I was worried that it being so far out with not many available days might mean I'm interviewing for a waitlist or something. One more question I am so sorry, I have heard that there is a ~1 month due date for the interview submission even though they say you should submit it the Monday before your info session, is this true?

Did anyone get a text at 3 am saying they were "pleased to have interviewed you and a decision will be made soon?" Followed by another text inviting me to an interview...I already had my interview lol

Did anyone get a text at 3 am saying they were "pleased to have interviewed you and a decision will be made soon?" Followed by another text inviting me to an interview...I already had my interview lol
same got that text i think it might be a glitch or smt

I only got the second text but I already recorded my interview! For a second I was confused if there was a second interview or something but maybe it was a glitch

I only got the second text but I already recorded my interview! For a second I was confused if there was a second interview or something but maybe it was a glitch
Might be because I opted for ED? For the first text

got it too

Can I ask how was your interview? How many questions did you get? How were the questions?

Opted in to get an early decision. After being on the WL last cycle until the very end, I’m happy that at least I’ll have a decision by 9/30. I couldn’t wait until July again if I got WL again.

I got an interview invite to the Elmira campus, I ranked Erie as my first choice. I heard that NY residents almost always end up in the Elmira campus. Is this true?? Thanks