2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct thread for my questions! Apologies in advance if not.

I submitted AACOMAS last week, last transcript arrived today, currently showing “complete” for LECOM Bradenton and Erie. Just waiting for verification.

Definitely a non-trad. I have completed 12 yrs of college while working full time in healthcare. I have a BS, MS, and a doctorate in nursing. Worked in healthcare for over 10 years, most of that in primary care in rural areas. Although I do not have my calculated GPA’s yet from AACOMAS, my undergrad GPA is 3.75 with mostly A’s in the sciences, and all A’s in the MS and doctoral programs. I have multiple references including a letter from the DO who encouraged me to apply to LECOM. My AIS is eligible per their calculator (SAT and GPA). I have not taken MCAT yet, scheduled for August.

My questions:

Does everyone receive a supplemental application from LECOM, or only qualified candidates?

And what are my chances of getting an interview with LECOM? (I understand I am in my 30’s and do not have the MCAT score on board yet… would just like to have some insight from you guys.)

Thank you!!
And good luck to everyone applying!

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct thread for my questions! Apologies in advance if not.

I submitted AACOMAS last week, last transcript arrived today, currently showing “complete” for LECOM Bradenton and Erie. Just waiting for verification.

Definitely a non-trad. I have completed 12 yrs of college while working full time in healthcare. I have a BS, MS, and a doctorate in nursing. Worked in healthcare for over 10 years, most of that in primary care in rural areas. Although I do not have my calculated GPA’s yet from AACOMAS, my undergrad GPA is 3.75 with mostly A’s in the sciences, and all A’s in the MS and doctoral programs. I have multiple references including a letter from the DO who encouraged me to apply to LECOM. My AIS is eligible per their calculator (SAT and GPA). I have not taken MCAT yet, scheduled for August.

My questions:

Does everyone receive a supplemental application from LECOM, or only qualified candidates?

And what are my chances of getting an interview with LECOM? (I understand I am in my 30’s and do not have the MCAT score on board yet… would just like to have some insight from you guys.)

Thank you!!
Pretty sure they don't have a secondary, though I could be wrong. I think you have a great app, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we might expect LECOM’s pseudo secondary?

Anyone know when we might expect LECOM’s pseudo secondary?
I emailed them a few weeks ago because Im applying to their accelerated PA bridge program and they said the school as a whole doesnt begin reviewing apps until 6/15 (tomorrow). So should be soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if LECOM has a secondary or any supplemental app at all?

Applied today! Just waiting for AACOMAS verification though. Anyone know how long that takes? Good luck everyone!!

Applied today! Just waiting for AACOMAS verification though. Anyone know how long that takes? Good luck everyone!!
I applied 6/2, transcripts received 6/8, verified 6/14. Some people get verified a lot faster from what I’ve heard although AACOMAS says 2-4 weeks. I had multiple transcripts to process. Good luck to you!

I applied 6/2, transcripts received 6/8, verified 6/14. Some people get verified a lot faster from what I’ve heard although AACOMAS says 2-4 weeks. I had multiple transcripts to process. Good luck to you!
Thanks! I received my transcripts a week ago and applied today with them! Hopefully I hear back sooner than 2-4 weeks.

From everything I have read, there is a supplemental app fee with demographic questions, no essay questions.

I have everything on file and verified since the 13th. Haven’t got that pseudo secondary yet, have you?

I have everything on file and verified since the 13th. Haven’t got that pseudo secondary yet, have you?
I have not. Verified on the 14th. I was reading archived discussions on here, and it looks like June 16th was the earliest people were receiving supplementals from LECOM in most recent years, some years were a little later than that though. So it’s still very early. It will come.

I also read to keep an eye on junk mail as there were multiple people previously who received the supplemental there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, Im copying the link they sent in the email: portal.lecom.edu but don't see where to enter my credentials that were in the email. Can someone help me with this?

Hey guys, Im copying the link they sent in the email: portal.lecom.edu but don't see where to enter my credentials that were in the email. Can someone help me with this?
Top left corner of screen should have a spot to enter username. Once you enter username, then the password box will pop up. Hope this helps

Is it possible to get accepted into LECOM - Bradenton with an Academic Index Score (AIS) of ~118? I took the MCAT but received a 500, and don't know if that will be adequate for admission.

Is it possible to get accepted into LECOM - Bradenton with an Academic Index Score (AIS) of ~118? I took the MCAT but received a 500, and don't know if that will be adequate for admission.
Their website says competitive MCAT scores are in the 50th percentile. I would apply if I were you.

I just received my secondary today. Submitted 6/14 and verified 6/20, secondary 6/22. Does anyone know if they have fee waivers for the secondary? I was approved a waiver for the primary

Verified yesterday (6/21). Still waiting for the secondary. Anyone else still waiting for theirs?

I haven't found anyone who posted they were admitted using an AIS score. But someone posted this back in 2016:

"I called Lake Erie about this--she said as much as you did that I cannot recall my MCAT. It is weird--the cutoff to receive secondary is 495, so I meet that, but obviously I don't know what that means beyond, i.e getting an II maybe. But the woman I spoke with said the lowest AIS student accepted that she could recall, or not the lowest but the average as far as she recalled was a 114 to 120 so it was fairly wide. She said I could relay my AIS on my secondary or send a separate email. Whether or not they look at it is anyone's guess."

So I'm hopeful. I also have a 118 AIS due to an F (that was retaken) dragging down my calculated GPA. I submitted with fingers crossed and have received secondary from both Erie and Bradenton, though obviously that doesn't mean much. Good luck!

I submitted with AIS only. Should I email them? Haven't received any emails or secondary.

Just wanted to share my experience with LECOM and their AIS. I applied last cycle and took the MCAT (Got less < than 500) and was told I can apply with my AIS. My AIS was a 126 which is considered "competitive" and my undergrad cGPA 3.9. Interviewed with LECOM. Did not get accepted. They told me it was because my MCAT was too low. I said I applied with an AIS of 126 and they told me even though my AIS was 126, they look more at the MCAT. (So AIS I guess is for nothing?) I asked them what the point of the AIS was then and they said they used it during COVID, but since then they rely only heavily on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to share my experience with LECOM and their AIS. I applied last cycle and took the MCAT (Got less < than 500) and was told I can apply with my AIS. My AIS was a 126 which is considered "competitive" and my undergrad cGPA 3.9. Interviewed with LECOM. Did not get accepted. They told me it was because my MCAT was too low. I said I applied with an AIS of 126 and they told me even though my AIS was 126, they look more at the MCAT. (So AIS I guess is for nothing?) I asked them what the point of the AIS was then and they said they used it during COVID, but since then they rely only heavily on the MCAT.
I talked to a current student who had a similar AIS and applied with no MCAT and she's in year 2 at Elmira! Maybe applying with no MCAT is better if it's low?

I talked to a current student who had a similar AIS and applied with no MCAT and she's in year 2 at Elmira! Maybe applying with no MCAT is better if it's low?
I think once you submit your application and put in the AMCAS ID number, schools will get the score. I don't think there is a way of omitting the test score once you take it. (Plz correct me if I'm wrong) I wish I could have that option LOL.

I think once you submit your application and put in the AMCAS ID number, schools will get the score. I don't think there is a way of omitting the test score once you take it. (Plz correct me if I'm wrong) I wish I could have that option LOL.
I think so too! She didn't take the MCAT so no scores were released to them. I am in the same boat. Have not taken the MCAT yet. So only applying with AIS for now but no secondary or email yet.

Applying Out of State
Does anyone know the admission statistics for the LECOM Bradenton campus regarding in-state vs. OOS?

Hi Everyone,

My questions:

Thank you!!
Hi, there is a $50 supplemental application fee:)

I haven't found anyone who posted they were admitted using an AIS score. But someone posted this back in 2016:

"I called Lake Erie about this--she said as much as you did that I cannot recall my MCAT. It is weird--the cutoff to receive secondary is 495, so I meet that, but obviously I don't know what that means beyond, i.e getting an II maybe. But the woman I spoke with said the lowest AIS student accepted that she could recall, or not the lowest but the average as far as she recalled was a 114 to 120 so it was fairly wide. She said I could relay my AIS on my secondary or send a separate email. Whether or not they look at it is anyone's guess."

So I'm hopeful. I also have a 118 AIS due to an F (that was retaken) dragging down my calculated GPA. I submitted with fingers crossed and have received secondary from both Erie and Bradenton, though obviously that doesn't mean much. Good luck!
The average for the class that started in 2022 fall was an average 120 AIS

Does anyone have a status different than "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."?

Does anyone have a status different than "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."?
This is also what mine says.

AACOMAS does not automatically get a new MCAT score, you have to log in to your MCAT account and give them permission to send your scores to AACOMAS