2023-2024 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A today; good luck to all the waitlist warriors out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my A. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my A. Good luck to you all waiting to hear.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance!! Can I ask if you got off the waitlist and if you've seen/heard of any other WL movement yet?

Thank you! I did get pulled off the waitlist. I havent heard of other movement yet at MUCOM. It looks like last year people got pulled off into late June. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! I did get pulled off the waitlist. I havent heard of other movement yet at MUCOM. It looks like last year people got pulled off into late June. Best of luck to you!
Did you get an email or phone call when you were pulled off the list?

Congratulations!! That’s crazy to hear that some ppl still got pulled off in June/July last year. I thought May was supposed to be when most WL movement happens but I know this cycle has been kinda bumpy. Gonna keep staying positive!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Every year is different, some years a lot of movement is in May, other years it’s all in June so just trust the process and know that you did everything 🫶
Hi all!! Just received an A today! By phone call at around 10am!

Reactions: 2 users
I was sent an email saying I was put on the alternate list. Is this the list that goes before the waitlist or vice versa?

It’s just another word for waitlist, they’re the same thing
During the interview they said one form of the waitlist (forget the name they said) comes before the actual waitlist, and you would have the option of going to the school the following year if not accepted this year. Or is this something that would’ve been said in the email? Sorry just tweaking I haven’t heard back yet

During the interview they said one form of the waitlist (forget the name they said) comes before the actual waitlist, and you would have the option of going to the school the following year if not accepted this year. Or is this something that would’ve been said in the email? Sorry just tweaking I haven’t heard back yet
Oh I’ve heard other schools call that a deferral of acceptance but I’m not quite sure about the multiple different waitlists

I think what you’re taking about is APS or Acceptance Pending Seat, but not sure if Marian does it. It’s a pending acceptance for if a spot opens up in the current cycle, and if not then it’s a guaranteed acceptance to the school for the next cycle. Most ppl usually get off an APS list for their current cycle though from what I’ve heard.

I think what you’re taking about is APS or Acceptance Pending Seat, but not sure if Marian does it. It’s a pending acceptance for if a spot opens up in the current cycle, and if not then it’s a guaranteed acceptance to the school for the next cycle. Most ppl usually get off an APS list for their current cycle though from what I’ve heard.

Marian does this and it happened to me! I received a call that the class was full but that I would be placed on the waitlist and guaranteed a spot for next year. I ended up getting an acceptance call for this year the following week or so!

Marian does this and it happened to me! I received a call that the class was full but that I would be placed on the waitlist and guaranteed a spot for next year. I ended up getting an acceptance call for this year the following week or so!
Did they call it the same thing? The acceptance pending seat? Or did the call it the alternate list? Congrats

This was stated in my email “However, because of your academic and personal achievements, you have been placed on the alternate list. […] Finally, the Admissions Committee views the alternate list as a group of applicants who have a very real likelihood to gain admission.”
Is this similar to what they told u. I can’t tell if this is the option with a guaranteed spot for next year or just the regular waitlist.

This was stated in my email “However, because of your academic and personal achievements, you have been placed on the alternate list. […] Finally, the Admissions Committee views the alternate list as a group of applicants who have a very real likelihood to gain admission.”
Is this similar to what they told u. I can’t tell if this is the option with a guaranteed spot for next year or just the regular waitlist.
This is the normal waitlist.

Received an OOS A today!! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone get a waitlist update email? I don’t believe I did.
Thank you for your continued interest in the MU-COM Alternate List for the entering fall 2024 DO class.

As the admissions cycle is progressing and as seats open up in our class, we will continue to offer admission through July. If your plans have changed and you would like to be removed from the MU-COM alternate list, you can decline through your portal or reach out to [email protected].

In the meantime, please use the portal to upload any application updates you have for us. If you have an updated transcript you can also email an official transcript to [email protected]. Also, I encourage you to review your AACOMAS application for any prerequisite deficiencies. Having deficiencies could prevent your eventual enrollment IF you were offered admission. Prerequisites must be completed by July 15 with a grade of C or better at a CHEA and USDE approved institution that is recognized by AACOMAS and the US Department of Education. If you have questions, let me know.

I appreciate your patience with our process—and your interest in MU-COM.

Sincerely,

Jessica Gendron