2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia Secondary Essay Prompts: (Interviews are in person this year)

The goal of the MCG Admissions Committee is to admit a diverse medical school class of well-rounded and academically qualified individuals who will best contribute to our institutional mission and ultimately meet the healthcare needs of Georgians. This section captures additional information not readily available in AMCAS. Please adhere to the word limit in each section.
Please do not use special characters in your responses.( no #, % , &, etcetera)

1. Please discuss your primary interest in attending the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. (300 words)

2. Please describe your motivation for becoming a physician. What contributions do you feel that you could make to the medical profession in the future? (300 words)

3. Please list any additional clinical experiences that are not included on your AMCAS application. Please include the physician’s name OR type of experience (i.e., Nursing, PA, EMT, E.R. Scribe, etc.) in the description column below along with the location, dates and total number of hours. If no additional experiences have occurred, please select "N/A."

4. The Admissions Committee regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of MCG and meeting the healthcare needs of a diverse patient population. Please describe how your own personal attributes, background, or life experiences, would contribute to the diversity of the class.
(300 words)

5. The art of medicine requires resilience on the part of its practitioners. There can be perceived failure even when the medical team has done everything right. Please describe a time when you were a part of something that failed. What did you learn from this experience? (300 words)

6. Please describe the geographical area in which you would most likely practice medicine and why. Please include the country, region, state, city and/or town in your response. (300 words)

7. Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record. This may include below average course performance, grade trends, MCAT scores, etc. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

8. If applicable, indicate any special experiences, unusual factors, or other information you have not already addressed in your application. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

9. Please discuss any disruptions to your medical school application as a result of COVID-19. This may include but is not limited to academic performance, clinical, volunteer, research and extracurricular activities. (300 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDP applicant/reapplicant here, I just received a secondary invite. It looks like MCG has the same secondary essay questions as last year.

attempting to submit my secondary and i can't seem to complete the "certification" section? anyone else having this problem? it won't let me navigate to the tab and no matter what i do it's not working...

Members don't see this ad :)
attempting to submit my secondary and i can't seem to complete the "certification" section? anyone else having this problem? it won't let me navigate to the tab and no matter what i do it's not working...
I haven't received a secondary yet, are you an early-decision applicant?

Has anybody filled out N/A on secondary prompts before? And still have an error message because you didn't fill out an N/A entry?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone help me understand what documents we need to submit? From what I understand it's GA ID (license), and state tax return. Anything else? I believe GA license fulfills the lawful presence aspect but can also submit U.S. passport.

I saw there's an option for signed technical standards but not seeing where we find the form for these standards?

Can someone help me understand what documents we need to submit? From what I understand it's GA ID (license), and state tax return. Anything else? I believe GA license fulfills the lawful presence aspect but can also submit U.S. passport.

I saw there's an option for signed technical standards but not seeing where we find the form for these standards?
ga license, taxes, and passport is what i did

ga license, taxes, and passport is what i did
Is a GA driver's license alone sufficient for proof of lawful presence? I didn't give my passport.

Cuz they said lawful presence only requires one of the following, and it included the GA driver's license.

Last edited:
Is a GA driver's license alone sufficient for proof of lawful presence? I didn't give my passport.

Cuz they said lawful presence only requires one of the following, and it included the GA driver's license.
that's what I did

Reactions: 1 user
1. The goal of the MCG Admissions Committee is to admit a diverse medical school class of well-rounded and academically qualified individuals who will best contribute to our institutional mission and ultimately meet the healthcare needs of Georgians. This section captures additional information not readily available in AMCAS. Please adhere to the word limit in each section.
Please do not use special characters in your responses.

1. Please discuss your primary interest in attending the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. (300 words)

2. Please describe your motivation for becoming a physician. What contributions do you feel that you could make to the medical profession in the future? (300 words)

3. Please list any additional clinical experiences that are not included on your AMCAS application. Please include the physician’s name OR type of experience (i.e., Nursing, PA, EMT, E.R. Scribe, etc.) in the description column below along with the location, dates and total number of hours. If no additional experiences have occurred, please select "N/A."

4. The Admissions Committee regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of MCG and meeting the healthcare needs of a diverse patient population. Please describe how your own personal attributes, background, or life experiences, would contribute to the diversity of the class. (300 words)

5. The art of medicine requires resilience on the part of its practitioners. There can be perceived failure even when the medical team has done everything right. Please describe a time when you were a part of something that failed. What did you learn from this experience? (300 words)

Please describe the geographical area in which you would most likely practice medicine and why. Please include the country, region, state, city and/or town in your response. (300 words)

Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record. This may include below average course performance, grade trends, MCAT scores, etc. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

If applicable, indicate any special experiences, unusual factors, or other information you have not already addressed in your application. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

Please discuss any disruptions to your medical school application as a result of COVID-19. This may include but is not limited to academic performance, clinical, volunteer, research and extracurricular activities. (300 words)

1. The goal of the MCG Admissions Committee is to admit a diverse medical school class of well-rounded and academically qualified individuals who will best contribute to our institutional mission and ultimately meet the healthcare needs of Georgians. This section captures additional information not readily available in AMCAS. Please adhere to the word limit in each section.
Please do not use special characters in your responses.

4. The Admissions Committee regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of MCG and meeting the healthcare needs of a diverse patient population. Please describe how your own personal attributes, background, or life experiences, would contribute to the diversity of the class. (300 words)

Please describe the geographical area in which you would most likely practice medicine and why. Please include the country, region, state, city and/or town in your response. (300 words)

Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record. This may include below average course performance, grade trends, MCAT scores, etc. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

If applicable, indicate any special experiences, unusual factors, or other information you have not already addressed in your application. Please enter N/A if not applicable. (300 words)

Please discuss any disruptions to your medical school application as a result of COVID-19. This may include but is not limited to academic performance, clinical, volunteer, research and extracurricular activities. (300 words)
Thanks @harry_potter138 much appreciated

my primary app (AMCAS) got verified yesterday and my email has been flooded with secondaries but i have not gotten one from MCG... anyone else experience this? maybe they take a couple days after receiving primary apps?

my primary app (AMCAS) got verified yesterday and my email has been flooded with secondaries but i have not gotten one from MCG... anyone else experience this? maybe they take a couple days after receiving primary apps?
It took me 2-3 days to get mine

Reactions: 1 users
Last cycle, I didn't get my MCG secondary until 2-3 weeks after my app got verified. I don't think it's uncommon to wait a while before getting a secondary invite.

Took me a while to get mine, about 2 weeks

so in the additional experiences, it is okay to put future events like if you want to be a hospice volunteer this semester?

"Your parent/ U.S. court-appointed legal guardian has continuously resided in the State of Georgia since?"

My only parent (mother) lives in Florida and she is a Florida resident. My father is deceased. My mother has never resided in Georgia and is not planning to in the future. I moved to Georgia alone, and I am a Georgia resident. This question is required, so how would I answer this? There is no N/A option, just an option to choose a date from the calendar.

"List in chronological order all the places you have lived and worked in the past five years (July 1, 2019-July 31, 2024). Please make sure to include a complete history with no gaps in time."

If I changed places of living, but did not work during this period of time, would this still need to be documented? For example, moving from my hometown Venice, FL to college in Tampa, FL. I did not work a job in college (Tampa), or before college (Venice).

Can someone help me please?

is anyone else (under the age of 24) having issues completing this secondary app? im independent (not claimed on my parent's taxes) and my parent's live OOS and have never lived in GA.

so in the additional experiences, it is okay to put future events like if you want to be a hospice volunteer this semester?
I don’t think this is something to put on amcas primary app in works and activities, but future stuff can be stuff you put into update letters when you get started on doing those.

IS RD II received today complete 07/19

Looking fo that phat OOS II here~~~ congrats to everyone who got that ii

For the 5 year residence history part, I’m a little confused. It only allows me to put work addresses not residences….

For the 5 year residence history part, I’m a little confused. It only allows me to put work addresses not residences….
hey, it wants addresses from where you have lived. where it asks about work, you can put "student" or "unemployed" if that was the case when you lived at that certain place

I just submitted my secondary, RD. How long after submission of the secondary application do they offer II/R?

IS RD II, LM 79, 4th quartile casper :)

Reactions: 1 users