2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A received via email at 10AM, no phone call yet. Interviewed 10/19

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would now be a good time to send an update letter to msucom if I was completed on 07/07 and still haven’t heard anything?

Reactions: 2 users
A received this morning. Interviewed 10/19.

Reactions: 1 users
Getting so anxious with all these IIs.. I submitted 07/07 with an LM of 67.5. I think there must’ve been something that came off as a red flag in my app somewhere, trying to stay positive
Don't say that! I was complete 10/4 so definitely later than you. This whole process is random and stressful as hell. wishing you the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
i completed my secondary application on 10/11 and havent heard anything. anyone else?

Did anyone who interviewed from Oct 12-24 hear back yet?
I interviewed on 10/12, and I finally got a phone call yesterday with an A! I really like MSU (one of my top choices), but I was accepted to my top choice school, so I'll be declining my A. Good luck to everyone! MSU seems like a really fantastic program.

II international with IA! completed 9/1

Secondary submitted 7/12 with an LM 64, in-state, LOR from MSUCOM alums and I went to msu for undergrad. I still haven’t received an II, should I send a letter of interest?

Secondary submitted 7/12 with an LM 64, in-state, LOR from MSUCOM alums and I went to msu for undergrad. I still haven’t received an II, should I send a letter of interest?
I am in the same boat, all but my secondary was submitted on 7/10. I am an MSU grad, MSUCOM LOR, and LM is the same. I had the same thoughts, however, I have some friends at COM that said a letter of interest is a mute point given we have applied, that in mind, we are all interested . Instead, they suggested that I write them an update letter (I have quite a few updates to include) and you could and I would recommend doing the same!! Thing is, I have heard that MSU takes alot of their own (that is, MSU grads), but we shall see!

I interviewed 10/25 and received my A 11/27! Definitely super grateful and excited.

Congrats! Do you know if a Facebook groupchat is being made?
Idk about a facebook group but I have the groupme link. If anyone wants to join please feel free to dm me! (not sharing it here because of bots)

I am in the same boat, all but my secondary was submitted on 7/10. I am an MSU grad, MSUCOM LOR, and LM is the same. I had the same thoughts, however, I have some friends at COM that said a letter of interest is a moot point given we have applied, that in mind, we are all interested . Instead, they suggested that I write them an update letter (I have quite a few updates to include) and you could and I would recommend doing the same!! Thing is, I have heard that MSU takes alot of their own (that is, MSU grads), but we shall see!
I just sent one. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

A call yesterday!
Interviewed 11/6
LM 63
International applicant

A call this morning! Complete 10/3, Interviewed 10/30. LM 65. IS

OOS WL, interviewed 11/6. LM 69. This was definitely my worst interview so I can't say I'm surprised.

For more data

IS rejection today, interviewed 10/30
Non trad, LM 67 or 69, idr.
Good luck everyone else

Anyone accepted from mcat 500-505. Just like the message so I know lol

Reactions: 4 users
OOS WL today, interviewed 10/30 :’( . Does anyone have a guess for when the WL Tier email will be sent out?
I know there was a tier list last year, but was it not told to people immediately in their WL email? I'm thinking they may not tell us our tiers this year

Last edited:
OOS WL, interviewed 11/6. LM 69. This was definitely my worst interview so I can't say I'm surprised.
Could you please elaborate on why you thought it was your worst II?

i completed my secondary application on 10/11 and havent heard anything. anyone else?
Same, was complete 10/09. Application complete email says interviews go from September through March so def have some time still

Could you please elaborate on why you thought it was your worst II?
Yeah I think mainly it was that I felt sick on the interview date, and I probably didn't prepare enough. I was asked some questions that I hadn't thought about before, so I was kind of stumbling through my responses. And I was not asked many of the common questions I expected. I think it was overall my fault, so others shouldn't be too worried about it.

I recently just got accepted into MSUCOM! I’m having some trouble picking out what campus to choose. Any tips/help?

Also is there a group me?

based on what has generally been happening, what days have they been typically sending out IIs? Have there been any today?

Planning on sending an application update but I am curious on how much it actually impacts getting an interview or not...

Planning on sending an application update but I am curious on how much it actually impacts getting an interview or not...
do it. I sent one a week before I ended up getting an II. But tbh i actually had some significant updates so you dont wanna sound pointless. Cant hurt

I recently just got accepted into MSUCOM! I’m having some trouble picking out what campus to choose. Any tips/help?

Also is there a group me?
The EL campus (about 200 students) has the largest class size and you'll be on a big beautiful campus at a big 10 university, meaning you'll have an insane amount of study spots. However, it is a college town with not much to do outside of the city (went to MSU for undergrad), so if you're trying to get away from that, then the EL campus might not be for you. Though, if you want to get involved in research, there are plenty of facilities there that will support you.

Regarding the Detroit campus (50ish students), it is a big city with plenty of things to do and great nightlife if that's your thing, and it has a team for every sport so you can always be getting last minute tickets to games and concerts post exam. While they don't have their own research facilities like EL does, you can get more involved in clinical research opportunities as Detroit is a hub for hospitals like the VA, DMC, and Henry ford, and you can even potentially get involved in the plethora of labs at WSUSOM. Plenty of MSUCOM Detroit students study at WSUSOM facilities. The area where the high schools are located (5 minute walk apart) are very safe and patrolled.

The macomb school (also 50ish students) is actually the nicest of all three of them, and everything you need is within a one mile radius from the school. Gyms, restaurants, grocery stores, and I have heard that students are very close to one another here as it has a very strong community feel. I don't know much about macomb, but I can tell it is the more quiet and least distracting location. As someone who went to school at both MSU and WSU, I can say that all three campuses and the students that I've spoken to at each location have loved their decisions. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
So I reached out to admissions and they said that they plan on sending out another batch of decisions before the holiday break! Hopefully those of us who interviewed mid November won't have to wait until the new year!

Reactions: 3 users
So I reached out to admissions and they said that they plan on sending out another batch of decisions before the holiday break! Hopefully those of us who interviewed mid November won't have to wait until the new year!
I hope the early December interview folks are in on this too LOLLL

Reactions: 4 users