2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They sent you an email about the bridge program deadline and didn’t even invite you to apply to the bridge program? Strange.
Also I just realized I’m in the wrong group. I interviewed for Jonesboro and don’t think the bridge program even applies to us. Nevermind!lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the class currently full? It seems like there has been barely any waitlist movement this year as compared to previous years, not to mention that movement has also started exceptionally late this year. Its hard to remain hopeful as we are nearly entering June and only two people here reported getting off the waitlist as compared to 8-10+ people around this time in previous years.

Withdrew from the WL, gonna be committing to PCOM

Reactions: 1 users
Is the class currently full? It seems like there has been barely any waitlist movement this year as compared to previous years, not to mention that movement has also started exceptionally late this year. Its hard to remain hopeful as we are nearly entering June and only two people here reported getting off the waitlist as compared to 8-10+ people around this time in previous years.
I saw a couple of people leave the GroupMe between your post and now. More people probably withdrew before then too. We should be moving soon. I also noticed that another Student Ambassador tour is lined up for mid-June, so hopefully, that is a sign that they're going to clear more people from the list.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got A off waitlist. I’m so excited and relieved 😭

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Do you think they are sending out any more acceptances today or will next round of movement be in a few weeks?

Amazing coincidence that I said WL movement should come soon, and it just happened. Time to plug the socials again. Here is the 2028 GroupMe, and here is the FaceBook page. Come network with your future classmates now!
P.S. If you want to put yourself out there before class even starts, I am starting an incoming student spotlight on my Medfluencer YouTube channel in July. Feel free to message me on GroupMe, and I can give you a link to the chat for communications.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone that got off the WL! Did anyone interviewed after January and not invited to the bridge program get off the WL yet? Still trying to find some reasons to remain hopeful, though ready to accept the fact, self-reflect, and reapply Lol.

• Care
Congratulations to everyone that got off the WL! Did anyone interviewed after January and not invited to the bridge program get off the WL yet? Still trying to find some reasons to remain hopeful, though ready to accept the fact, self-reflect, and reapply Lol.
Still on WL :(. Interviewed in February, not invited to bridge program.
Luckily just got the A at another school, but NYIT is much closer to home/family

• Care
Still on WL. Interviewed March, invited to bridge program. Update email sent that bridge program application was extended. Sigh :( time to lick my wounds and start prepping to move ig

• Care
Just got the A off the WL. LM 70.4. Interviewed Jan 9th, WL Feb 19th.

I’m bugging, I have 2 days to decide what to do.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Still on WL :(. Interviewed in February, not invited to bridge program.
Luckily just got the A at another school, but NYIT is much closer to home/family
Call and ask if you might be able to apply to the Bridge Program. Can't hurt to try.

A off the waitlist yesterday!!! Interviewed Feb 15th, WL Mar 19th

I also got an A into the bridge program on Monday! Interviewed 3/15 and WL 4/4. So excited to start this journey!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know that if we have BY a certain date to confirm the deposit and acceptance reply form, then we have until 11:59 that day?!? So, they said I need to complete it by June 6th, does that mean June 6th by 11:59? Sorry this is a silly question but I am stressed 😭

Does anyone know that if we have BY a certain date to confirm the deposit and acceptance reply form, then we have until 11:59 that day?!? So, they said I need to complete it by June 6th, does that mean June 6th by 11:59? Sorry this is a silly question but I am stressed 😭
Pretty sure yes. They didn’t specify a time so I assume that means we have until the end of that day (June 6th) to do it.

Great thank you! That is what I was planning on doing so just wanted to double-check
Yeah. I feel like if they required it by a specific time they would have specified. Deadlines are deadlines and they need to be specific. If they required it BEFORE June 6th they would have specified that. So I think that as long as we confirm by tomorrow (hopefully not really late, don’t want to mess with the deadline) we should be fine.

How likely do you think it is for people to get off waitlists?

This may be a silly question, but are you guys able to access a portal? I submitted the supplementary through the portal but don't think I had access to a general portal afterwards. I'm just getting my info through emails from NYIT regarding my application process

Last edited:
Just got an A off the WL today!
Notified first by email and have until 6/16 to pay deposit. Interviewed 4/26, WL 5/6, and received a bridge program email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A off the WL today! Email only. Interviewed 2/8, WL 3/19.

Just got an A off the WL today!
Notified first by email and have until 6/16 to pay deposit. Interviewed 4/26, WL 5/6, and received a bridge program email.

Congratulations!!

Did you received the extended wl email before that?

What’s the extended email? I received a WL email and then a couple check in emails confirming i still wanted to be on WL