2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My feeling is another round of waitlist acceptances will come out tomorrow. Let’s hope I’m right!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My feeling is another round of waitlist acceptances will come out tomorrow. Let’s hope I’m right!
Let’s hope you are right! If not tomorrow, let’s hope there will at least be another drop this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone on the NYMC Housing chat know if the slight fluctuation in numbers on that chat are people getting off the WL? Because it would be nice to know if people are getting off but not reporting it…

withdrawing from waitlist as i got into my #1 :') good luck to you all!

i'm rooting for you @_CaptainKaladin_ , but im sure you will be fine wherever you end up.

Does anyone on the NYMC Housing chat know if the slight fluctuation in numbers on that chat are people getting off the WL? Because it would be nice to know if people are getting off but not reporting it…
no i don't think it correlates, there is a separate accepted students page with 268 people (including a few current students) in it. seems like people are just joining the housing one slowly from that page.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
no i don't think it correlates, there is a separate accepted students page with 268 people (including a few current students) in it. seems like people are just joining the housing one slowly from that page.
Woah, 268? How many of those do you think have dropped their As but haven’t left? Because that’s a LOT for a class of 220.

Last edited:
Woah, 268? How many of those do you think have dropped their As but haven’t left? Because that’s a LOT for a class of 220.
judging by the WL movement from earlier in may i'd probably say quite a few people are still in the group but will be going somewhere else. it definitely is a lot!

Maybe the class is full…
I think it is, or maybe very close to it. I think it’s going to be a 1 in 1 out situation. Based on how many people are on that list that shleemz mentioned I doubt there will be any real “waves.”

Last edited:
Just wanted to give y’all a little inside scoop. So I went to Touro for undergrad and asked my Dean if he can find out anything about the NYMC WL. His exact words were:

“It seems that this year there is more than usually intense competition for the few spots that may still open up. While it is still possible, it would also be more than prudent to move ahead with your current A.”

I asked my premed advisor today a similar question and she confirmed:

“Dean (the aforementioned dean) mentioned this week that it is highly unlikely that the NYMC waitlist will move.“

Obviously it can still happen but I just wanted to share the info so that everyone can have accurate expectations.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to give y’all a little inside scoop. So I went to Touro for undergrad and asked my Dean if he can find out anything about the NYMC WL. His exact words were:

“It seems that this year there is more than usually intense competition for the few spots that may still open up. While it is still possible, it would also be more than prudent to move ahead with your current A.”

“Dean (the aforementioned dean) mentioned this week that it is highly unlikely that the NYMC waitlist will move.“

Obviously it can still happen but I just wanted to share the info so that everyone can have accurate expectations.
I feel like every school this cycle has reported unusually high competition. Just the reality of med school applications in the current age. Each year is harder than the last

Members don't see this ad :)

So do you think theres likely no movement in the future? Pretty sad as I'm realizing theres no hope...

• Sad
So do you think theres likely no movement in the future? Pretty sad as I'm realizing theres no hope...
I would guess that that is just what NYMC told him. I don’t see how they can predict whether there will or won’t be a few people who drop their A before orientation. If the class was overfilled I doubt they would have taken anyone off the WL in the first place. I’d guess that there may be a FEW people taken off the WL between now and orientation, but that could just be me trying to find some semblance of hope so take that with a grain of salt.

But you're right I don't see how they can be overfilled if ppl got off the waitlist in the first place and there are already a few current students in there too for some reason. I think alot of things in this cycle including secondaries, acceptances, and waitlist movement are delayed this year. I hope we both get a chance @_CaptainKaladin, good luck to everyone!
I would guess that that is just what NYMC told him. I don’t see how they can predict whether there will or won’t be a few people who drop their A before orientation. If the class was overfilled I doubt they would have taken anyone off the WL in the first place. I’d guess that there may be a FEW people taken off the WL between now and orientation, but that could just be me trying to find some semblance of hope so take that with a grain of salt.

But you're right I don't see how they can be overfilled if ppl got off the waitlist in the first place and there are already a few current students in there too for some reason. I think alot of things in this cycle including secondaries, acceptances, and waitlist movement are delayed this year. I hope we both get a chance @_CaptainKaladin, good luck to everyone!
Yup, gotta keep the faith! As we get later and later it feels like the chances are dwindling, but there definitely is still a chance…. I hope😂

Not that this is much of an indication for the WL crowd but the accepted students groupme is only at 66 people right now (which was posted in the FB group), so there may be some more movement!

Reactions: 5 users
Have any more people gotten off the waitlist? Seems like theres been basically no waitlist movement thus far :(

Called admissions today, pretty much same answer as what @LittleCoaks said. Unranked WL, can be taken off at any time, adcoms are still reviewing. She said she did not know if the class was full or not.

Man, it’s been over a month since the A drop… We really got screwed this cycle.

Yeah imma be real I’ve already moved on at this point. This cycle was brutal for every school. Minimal to no movement
Yup. Still holding out some hope but tis but a fools hope.
hope GIF

The CTE deadline is 7/1… perhaps some movement after that?

• Care
I saw in previous years that sometimes they give people a differed acceptance for the next year. Does anyone know anything about that or how likely it is?

• Wow
Totally off topic but I was wondering if there are any current NYMC students who can answer if they got drug tested at matriculation. NY is a weed legal state but I know that some schools still test for it.

Hey yall
Did anyone here apply in August and get accepted? I'm trying to gauge for the 2025 cycle.
If you don't mind sharing stats that would be much appreciated

Or if anyone knows the stats about late applicants for NYMC, it would also be much appreciated

I am applying with a 3.92 GPA, approx 3k hours (clinical, volunteering etc), MCAT: TBD but expecting 510

Does anyone have the link to a group me or Facebook? I just got off the waitlist tonight!

Would anyone mind sharing the link to the GroupMe or Facebook? I was also accepted earlier this week!

For recently accepted students— how long after your A did you receive the certiphi link for background check? I was accepted earlier this week and I’m still waiting for mine

Huh, they must have had an A wave. Too bad I wasn’t included 😩😩😩😩😩

• Care
Hi! Anyone have the group chat/Facebook group? I was accepted in Jan but haven’t received an email about it.