2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an upcoming OMS-1 this fall. Feel free to tag me in a reply or DM me any questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted here last cycle early on! Please feel free to either DM me with any questions or simply tag me in a reply :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rising OMS-II, happy to answer any questions.

How do you feel about the "no scheduled classes" format? What do you like/dislike about it? Thanks :)
Its honestly a love/hate relationship for me. I like the flexibility that i don't have to be siting in a class listening to lecture and instead can focus on high yield material (for class and boards). I hate that with flexibility, comes responsibility and great organizational skills. I tend to be a procrastinator (not in a lazy way, but in a "I have a family and other responsibilities aside form school so sometimes those take priority, so i can study later, and later doesn't come until right before the test"). Basically you have to learn as you go what works and what doesnt work for you and your learning style. However, the school staff is VERY invested in your success as a student so they would move mountains to help you reach your goals.

Reactions: 2 users
Question: I’m interested in this school. I applied during the 2020-2021 cycle kinda late (October is when I was complete), got a II, scheduled the interview in Jan and was ultimately waitlisted.

Per the advisor, I’m intending to apply a lot earlier, but I still need one more recommendation: a very busy DO physician. If I finish my primary app by the end of May, would I be early for this school?

My numbers are kinda shaky, but I recently finished a SMP with a 3.65 GPA and I heard they’re a bit more merciful with numbers early in the cycle.
Yea you’ll be early!

Yea you’ll be early!
Okay! What is early for the DO system anyways? Now till July for complete?

The advisor thinks that is what screwed me because he said there was nothing overly bad about my interview. It was just that they had a very limited number of seats and I interviewed very late.

The advisor thinks that is what screwed me because he said there was nothing overly bad about my interview. It was just that they had a very limited number of seats and I interviewed very late.
I think I submitted mid June and was perfectly fine! I’d say until Mid July

I think I submitted mid June and was perfectly fine! I’d say until Mid July

Oh! When you submitted, does that mean primary app or complete (as in secondary interview video included)?

Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted my primary app in July and was accepted in September. DO schools in general have a significantly longer and more flexible app cycle. Try to make sure you're applying by the end of July but don't sacrifice important parts of your app to be one of the earliest birds.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you some of you guys have to end up paying around 200k for taking out the max amount?

OMS-II here. Feel free to DM me with any questions you have!

Hi everyone! I'm very happy to have received my secondary. I'm just not sure at all how I want to go about making my video! Any current Noorda students willing to share how they made theirs?

Did you just sit and record at a desk? Answer the questions directly, or sort of tell your story and answer them as you went along? Did you dress business professional/business casual?

-Neurotic pre-med here

Hi everyone! I'm very happy to have received my secondary. I'm just not sure at all how I want to go about making my video! Any current Noorda students willing to share how they made theirs?

Did you just sit and record at a desk? Answer the questions directly, or sort of tell your story and answer them as you went along? Did you dress business professional/business casual?

-Neurotic pre-med here
just be yourself. I did mine in the middle of a soccer/football field in athletic clothes.

-Neurotic pre-med here
Just recorded mine in my room and didn't do anything fancy. Wore a nice collared shirt and that was about it.

-Neurotic pre-med here
Accepted student here. I dressed professionally (button-up long sleeve and tie). I directly addressed the questions I was about to answer and supported each answer with a personal story that showed how I understood the topic. Answer honestly and don't stress about it too much, just come into the video loose and be yourself. The interviewers at Noorda have for the vast majority been very cool and relaxed.

Reactions: 2 users
Does Noorda prescreen for secondaries? Or does everyone who applies get one?

Does Noorda prescreen for secondaries? Or does everyone who applies get one?
They do prescreen, my app is currently on hold because my MCAT is under their preferred minimum (500 w/125 in all sections).

They do prescreen, my app is currently on hold because my MCAT is under their preferred minimum (500 w/125 in all sections).
Interesting. I have a 502, but my BB subsection score is below 125. Still got a secondary. I'm also IS though, so that could make a difference.

Interesting. I have a 502, but my BB subsection score is below 125. Still got a secondary. I'm also IS though, so that could make a difference.
I have a 501 but my Chem/Phys section is below a 125, I still got a secondary. The website said it wasn't a hard requirement but it was just preferred is all

I think it’s because your MCAT is above 500. I have the double whammy of below 500 plus a subsection under 125.

very interesting, had a 498 last cycle with two 123 sub scores but got an II----> A

• Love
Same here. my stats were 2.8 and a 497 mcat OOS and got accepted. Will be attending this fall:)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
very interesting, had a 498 last cycle with two 123 sub scores but got an II----> A
Same here. my stats were 2.8 and a 497 mcat OOS and got accepted. Will be attending this fall:)
Did both of you get put on hold temporarily? So glad to hear you both got in!! I have no doubt it was well deserved.

• Care
Did both of you get put on hold temporarily? So glad to hear you both got in!! I have no doubt it was well deserved.
nah no hold, and ty! not attending here but it truly is a fantastic institution!!

After my interview I was placed on the waitlist. I sent 2 letters of intent a month apart as well. The crazy part is that I sent my primary app end of sept and sent my secondary video a few hours before the deadline. 😅

• Wow
How does OMM lab work here since the other classes are mostly in the small group, self directed setting?
for us there are four lab sessions that you can sign up for depending on your preference (morning vs afternoon). In each session there are around 30-40 students and they are divided evenly to try and get everyone paired up. Same thing for clinical lab

for us there are four lab sessions that you can sign up for depending on your preference (morning vs afternoon). In each session there are around 30-40 students and they are divided evenly to try and get everyone paired up. Same thing for clinical lab

Thanks!

How long were people waiting after saying app is being reviewed before they got a secondary? I have been waiting for two weeks and am wondering. I am IS with a 511/3.7 so I feel like I’m a good fit.

How long were people waiting after saying app is being reviewed before they got a secondary? I have been waiting for two weeks and am wondering. I am IS with a 511/3.7 so I feel like I’m a good fit.
I would contact their admissions! I'm also IS (with stats not as nice as yours lol) and it only took me a few days to get the secondary.

Did anybody get a confirmation email after submitting? Only asking because i didnt.

They announced today in orientation that there will be on campus interviews this fall with the option of virtual interviews

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting, did it take a couple days to receive that email or was it pretty much immediate?
I never received a complete email after only submitted the photo and video. But after I turned in everything, and completed my secondary, two days later I received an email saying my file was complete!

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I sent in my video and photo like 6 hours before the due date. Is this gonna ruin my chances at Noorda?

I never received a complete email after only submitted the photo and video. But after I turned in everything, and completed my secondary, two days later I received an email saying my file was complete!
Just got the email on the 27th hahaha i guess it takes a couple days to review, thanks fir the reply!!

I am about to submit my primary but my Letter writers have not uploaded their letters yet. Will they consider my application before or will they put it on hold until they come in?

Also, I don’t have much research experience besides classes where I was assigned research. Any admitted students not have research?
@starlord47 @drthedude

Last edited:
I am about to submit my primary but my Letter writers have not uploaded their letters yet. Will they consider my application before or will they put it on hold until they come in?

Also, I don’t have much research experience besides classes where I was assigned research. Any admitted students not have research?
@starlord47 @drthedude
They don’t verify your LOR’s until you are submitting your secondary. That was a part of the secondary is filling out the three LOR that you wanted them to review