2023-2024 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 NSU-KPCOM Secondary Essay Prompts:

1) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine? (1000 character limit)

2) List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school. ( 2000 characters)

3) If you have ever matriculated into an M.D. or a D.O. program, please explain the reason(s) for leaving. Please use the following format: date, institution, status. If non applicable, please type "none" (1000 character limit)

4) If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (2000 character )

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when they usually start sending secondaries after AACOMAS opens??

Members don't see this ad :)
@PapaGuava
1) How did you learn about osteopathic medicine? (1000 character limit)

2) List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school. ( 2000 characters)

3) If you have ever matriculated into an M.D. or a D.O. program, please explain the reason(s) for leaving. Please use the following format: date, institution, status. If non applicable, please type "none" (1000 character limit)

4) If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (2000 character )

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised they limit prompt 2 to healthcare volunteering only. I have lots of community service in underserved communities unrelated to healthcare. I guess I could utilize prompt 4 to talk about healthcare employment. Really I would just like to type " look at my primary!"

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Planning to call them Monday to see if they'll be okay with me writing about non-healthcare volunteering in the 2nd prompt (since all my healthcare was paid and all volunteering was non healthcare)

Planning to call them Monday to see if they'll be okay with me writing about non-healthcare volunteering in the 2nd prompt (since all my healthcare was paid and all volunteering was non healthcare)
They were surprisingly open on a Saturday morning. The guy on the phone said it would be fine to discuss non-health care volunteering there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Should we bother writing entirely new job/volunteer descriptions or just copy from primary? Honestly wonder why they’re asking us for the same information again

Should we bother writing entirely new job/volunteer descriptions or just copy from primary? Honestly wonder why they’re asking us for the same information again
I’m going ahead and copy and pasting. Some people choose to expand but I barely have room as it is.

I actually chose to cut down from the primary because it said brief

Received a call today to notify that my app was complete.

is a DO degree professional or doctoral? Confused as to what to put down in the secondary application for the "What level of Degree are you seeking?"

is a DO degree professional or doctoral? Confused as to what to put down in the secondary application for the "What level of Degree are you seeking?"
Pretty sure its considered a professional degree.

I put Doctoral for mine… Don’t know if that makes any difference

I just submitted the secondary but on the portal it states that the aacomas service application is not received. I'm confused as every other school has received the aacomas application

I just submitted the secondary but on the portal it states that the aacomas service application is not received. I'm confused as every other school has received the aacomas application
I think they check it after you submit the secondary and they review it. Doesnt makes sense to send a secondary to someone that they didn't receive an application from.

I have that too
I emailed them yesterday. It says none of my transcripts were recieved but I guess it just takes some time for their system to process everything. So im sure its the same thing with your "aacomas service app". never hurts to email though. they got back to me in like 10 minutes

I emailed them yesterday. It says none of my transcripts were recieved but I guess it just takes some time for their system to process everything. So im sure its the same thing with your "aacomas service app". never hurts to email though. they got back to me in like 10 minutes
Just called them. They need to make Nova student accounts for us before it shows as received. Nothing for us to do now but wait.

Just got the call that my application has been marked complete and forwarded to the admissions committee!

Anyone knows when they usually start sending out IIs ?

If I got that call and didn’t answer and got a voicemail should I call them back lol

got the call for completion after a week of submitting secondary.

Hey guys, I am new here on SDN btw. I had a question regarding NOVA. I submitted their secondary about 1 week ago but when I log in to the portal it says, "This application requires your attention for one or more items." and I am guessing it is referring to my AACOMAS service app, MCAT and letters not being received yet. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this? I applied early and I feel like there should be no reason to see this. I called them and they transferred me to another person only to leave a voicemail as she was not able to answer the phone and I have yet to hear back. Just want some closure. Also I see that people have gotten calls for completion and I have not yet received this either.
View attachment 374052
I have the same thing. I think it's pretty normal especially since a lot of people end up taking the week off during July 4th too

Hey guys, I am new here on SDN btw. I had a question regarding NOVA. I submitted their secondary about 1 week ago but when I log in to the portal it says, "This application requires your attention for one or more items." and I am guessing it is referring to my AACOMAS service app, MCAT and letters not being received yet. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this? I applied early and I feel like there should be no reason to see this. I called them and they transferred me to another person only to leave a voicemail as she was not able to answer the phone and I have yet to hear back. Just want some closure. Also I see that people have gotten calls for completion and I have not yet received this either.
View attachment 374052
It's the same on my end.

Reactions: 3 users
Wait this happened to me too. I'm really confused because I submitted my app yesterday and when I check the system, they said they don't have my aacomas app, MCAT, or LORs when that was all in my primary?

Same as above^, somebody call them tomorrow 👀

This is normal! A human actually has to verify it and match your AACOMAS app to the NOVA app! I called them a few weeks back :)

Reactions: 2 users