2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Prompt:
(One Page): Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.
Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Prompt (One Page): Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school that focuses on addressing rural and/or medically underserved populations and diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received 6/16 OOS

this is such a random question but what are the regulations for the page? double spaced? times new roman? help

Haven't received any confirmation that my secondary was received.... anyone?

For those that received secondaries, when did you guys submit your primary

I submitted my primary in late May and haven’t received communications from them since then. Does this mean that I’m probably out of the running for a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary in late May and haven’t received communications from them since then. Does this mean that I’m probably out of the running for a secondary?
I'm wondering the same thing :( Submitted May 30th and haven't heard a thing. Which is sad, because this is one of my top school choices!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I'm wondering the same thing :( Submitted May 30th and haven't heard a thing. Which is sad, because this is one of my top school choices!
I would love here as well.

Was looking at PNWU's first-time board pass rates, and they've been declining quite a bit. Well below the national average. Can any current/former students speak to this, and why?
It's something admin is aware of and working on. Covid and online probably played a large part. The school is also very holistic in selection and student support. It's pretty easy to manipulate that stat by limiting who is allowed to sit for the boards, but they have chosen to minimize delaying students and allow more autonomy in each student's decision on when to test.
The curriculum is IMHO very good and faculty are very supportive and helpful. There is minimal low yield material, and if one does well in the curriculum there should be no issue passing level 1.
At the end of the day, didactics are what you make of them and less impacted by the school. As long as the school stays out of your way, it's up to the student to do what is necessary to pass. I would evaluate schools based on available resources, mandatory attendance, and quality of life metrics.
Happy to speak to specifics offline.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know how to call the admin folks here? I've sent a number of emails, but I have gotten no response. I've tried calling them from California and they don't go through as well.

Thus far, I've received silence from the institution. I haven't even received a "we received your application" email from them as of yet.

Does anybody know how to call the admin folks here? I've sent a number of emails, but I have gotten no response. I've tried calling them from California and they don't go through as well.

Thus far, I've received silence from the institution. I haven't even received a "we received your application" email from them as of yet.
The office is very busy and will not reply to the thousands of applicants of each step in the process. If there's a specific issue you need answered, clearly state it in an email. Be patient and they will reply eventually.
The cycle has just started, these things take time.

The office is very busy and will not reply to the thousands of applicants of each step in the process. If there's a specific issue you need answered, clearly state it in an email. Be patient and they will reply eventually.
The cycle has just started, these things take time.
Sure. That is fair.

I was complete in late May. If I haven’t received a secondary at this point, am I out of the running?

Then again, it seems like they only issued one round of secondaries and no II invites.

Still waiting on a secondary!

• Care
Secondary (finally!) received today! OOS, but with very strong ties to Washington.

Pre-secondary R.

Pretty bummed since I got an interview from them last time.

What a way to fall with this school.

• Care
Pre-secondary R.

Pretty bummed since I got an interview from them last time.

What a way to fall with this school.
I'm so sorry friend :(

You got this, it sucks right now but don't let it get you down too bad. <3

• Care
I'm so sorry friend :(

You got this, it sucks right now but don't let it get you down too bad. <3

Yeah. It does suck, but I still hope to at least get one school when this is all over. It just really stings because I liked this school.

Thank you for the sympathy though.

Last edited:
  • Care
My portal says “no decision” the same date that it was marked complete. Is this a pre II Rejection?

I got a secondary and submitted it today. I don’t have access to a portal yet though. When do they send those emails out to access that?

My portal says “no decision” the same date that it was marked complete. Is this a pre II Rejection?

I just checked mine. Mine says no decision too and since they haven’t even reviewed my stuff yet I’m guessing it just means you aren’t reviewed or they just haven’t made a decision yet?

Last edited:
For those of you that completed your secondary, what spacing did you use? Single or double?

I just checked mine. Mine says no decision too and since they haven’t even reviewed my stuff yet I’m guessing it just means you aren’t reviewed or they just haven’t made a decision yet?
Yeah mine said no decision and then changed to "COMMITTEE 7/12" on 7/12, so I assume that it what means it's under review!

Yeah mine said no decision and then changed to "COMMITTEE 7/12" on 7/12, so I assume that it what means it's under review!
Awesome! I received the email today saying I'm under review with the committee but portal hasn't reflected this yet.

From what I'm seeing, it took virtually everyone a few days to get a confirmation email that their secondary was received, correct? I've just submitted mine and got an error 404 page, no confirmation email, but my payment was definitely taken. Thoughts?