2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to share that I am a current PCOM student who is happy to answer any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to share that I am a current PCOM student who is happy to answer any questions!
Everyone don't listen to this person, they are not an active current student and is not someone I would take advice from. Steer clear and wait till you get to ACTUAL orientation

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone don't listen to this person, they are not an active current student and is not someone I would take advice from. Steer clear and wait till you get to ACTUAL orientation

I’m sorry if I’ve done anything to offend you but I am a current student. I don’t know how to prove that to you but I truly am and anyone who can think of a way to prove it is welcome to suggest it. I’m literally just here to help applicants and help them GET to orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sorry if I’ve done anything to offend you but I am a current student. I don’t know how to prove that to you but I truly am and anyone who can think of a way to prove it is welcome to suggest it. I’m literally just here to help applicants and help them GET to orientation.
I am applying to DO schools in addition to MD schools. Do DO schools look for shawdowing experience with DO physicians only? I do have shadowing experience with MD. Please, can anyone help me?

I am applying to DO schools in addition to MD schools. Do DO schools look for shawdowing experience with DO physicians only? I do have shadowing experience with MD. Please, can anyone help me?

It depends on the school and for the most part no one specifies a shadowing requirement, more so a LOR from an MD or DO. Some schools have no requirement (PCOM has a preference for a DO letter, but it is not required), most schools require a letter from MD or DO but prefer DO, and some schools require a DO LOR. You can very often find this under the admissions requirements on the school's website or looking under each school in the program section of AACOMAS.

does pcom have a secondary? they had questions in the primary so wasn't sure if anyone knew!

No secondary prompts besides what's listed in the primary application. Typically, in August PCOM will send out a link to their portal page and that is it. Nothing to really do until the interview.

Will be starting here this fall, would love to answer to any questions regarding the application process!

Members don't see this ad :)
I researched the school, what things they had to offer, and what made them unique! I’m also relatively close so I expressed my desire to remain close to home as well
I talked about how I want to transform clinical research by making it more representative of the true patient population. For example, as a CRA for prostate cancer research we saw mostly affluent white patients but rarely saw any poc or non-English speakers. Yet prostate cancer disproportionately affects the latter to a more significant extent. So basically why I want to be in a city that thrives on diversity and a multitude of different people

Has anyone gotten a link to an application portal after submitting the primary application?

Do you have to pay a separate $75 fee for both the Philadelphia and the South Georgia campus?

Do you have to pay a separate $75 fee for both the Philadelphia and the South Georgia campus?
No, Philadelphia and South Georgia only need one payment via their email:

• If you applied to BOTH Philadelphia AND South Georgia on the PCOM/PCOM South Georgia AACOMAS application, please submit payment for only one location on the PCOM Application Portal. The payment link will default to your PCOM Philadelphia application portal home screen. The $75 payment, once processed, will cover BOTH campuses.

after submitting my app fee, my tracker still says "awaiting required materials." based on last year's thread, it seemed like committee letter packets were only getting processed as one letter, and they had to email the admissions office. i just emailed them so hopefully that resolves any issues, since i should have all required materials in.

the portal also says, "If you have any coursework or a degree or degrees from institutions outside of the United States, you must request an official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services." does anyone know if this applies to people who studied abroad during undergrad? the courses from my study abroad are listed on my undergrad transcript, and i received credit for them.

Rip I paid twice without knowing

Well looks like I gave them a $75 donation

Anyone know what that email about state licensure was about? I have not seen anything like it before.

Anyone know what that email about state licensure was about? I have not seen anything like it before.
Yes, I think it's referring to this just letting students know that they may have to go to a different licensing board after graduating once they obtain their license. For example, in some states, even though the graduate went to an MD residency and only needs to take USMLE step 3, they may also have to take COMLEX 3 to fulfill a state licensing requirement.

Attachments

• 1688174158833.png
    1688174158833.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 181
after submitting my app fee, my tracker still says "awaiting required materials." based on last year's thread, it seemed like committee letter packets were only getting processed as one letter, and they had to email the admissions office. i just emailed them so hopefully that resolves any issues, since i should have all required materials in.

the portal also says, "If you have any coursework or a degree or degrees from institutions outside of the United States, you must request an official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services." does anyone know if this applies to people who studied abroad during undergrad? the courses from my study abroad are listed on my undergrad transcript, and i received credit for them.

Were you able to receive a response from them? I submitted my payment today and was wondering if I should give them a call tomorrow (my committee letter/letter packet was sent a while back in June).

Were you able to receive a response from them? I submitted my payment today and was wondering if I should give them a call tomorrow (my committee letter/letter packet was sent a while back in June).
i did not receive a response, but the next day my application tracker updated to say that all my materials were received and my application was under review. however, i'm not sure if it just needed time to update, or if they updated it because i emailed them.

Anybody else's portal tracker say PCOM is still awaiting materials when the document page says everything is received?

Anybody else's portal tracker say PCOM is still awaiting materials when the document page says everything is received?

Mine says that my submitted materials are under initial review

What do the 4 bars mean? Application complete?
Someone on last year's thread said 4 bars meant complete and under review. Tbh I feel like 3 and 4 are the same until 5, which is an interview invite.

anyone here a current student in PCOM philly that can answer some questions?