2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL today, also interviewed 5/14. Hoping there will be movement soon!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys find out by email or just checked portal?
I checked this morning and saw the "accept waitlist position" button and accepted it before they got a chance to send me the check portal email LOL

I checked this morning and saw the "accept waitlist position" button and accepted it before they got a chance to send me the check portal email LOL

Ahh, I see haha! I interviewed 5/16 and have 6 bars so guess it’s not quite my turn yet

So I was waitlisted last Wednesday with no "Withdraw after Offer option". I logged in today to submit my LOI and I see the "Withdraw after Offer: Declined Seat" option along with the other Withdraw options. "Withdraw: Declined Waitlist" is also a different option. Anyone else on the WL have this also?? am i overthinking things??

Hi everyone, I was waitlisted last month, for people that got waitlisted, what are ya'll planning to do?

So I was waitlisted last Wednesday with no "Withdraw after Offer option". I logged in today to submit my LOI and I see the "Withdraw after Offer: Declined Seat" option along with the other Withdraw options. "Withdraw: Declined Waitlist" is also a different option. Anyone else on the WL have this also?? am i overthinking things??
I'm not sure, as soon as I saw the waitlist option I clicked on it so fast to notice others. But, I don't see the WL options anymore on my application portal.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! I’m sure the seat will be filled by a phenomenal future doc.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 5/17 and am still waiting to hear back🤞. I'm at 6 bars but I see one drop down menu with the first option "Withdrawal after Offer: Declined Seat" and then the rest just regular withdrawal options (i.e.: "Withdrawal: xyz.."). I'm assuming no decision has been made yet since I'm still at 6 bars, however it's strange comparing this with what people have said about the bar menu including this language. Trying not to overthink things :/

I have this same thing on my portal, although I'm still at 6 bars and haven't recieved any decision yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who else is four bars strong with no pre-II rejection 😭
Lol me. I forgot I was still following this thread since I already got accepted to another school. But, I hope you got accepted somewhere as well 😭

Lol are they still interviewing? Surely it's over right (Also part of the 4-bars gang)

Thinking of withdrawing just so I can say they didn't reject me 🤣🤣🤣 #4bartribe

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Thinking of withdrawing just so I can say they didn't reject me 🤣🤣🤣 #4bartribe
if only i could insert that one meme bahahaha

come to think of it, in a few weeks, i'll be coming up on one year since my app was complete with them lmao #4bars1yearanniversary

Lol me. I forgot I was still following this thread since I already got accepted to another school. But, I hope you got accepted somewhere as well 😭
Thankfully I did, but I'm hoping to get in somewhere closer to home. I'm on 2 WL's that will let me do that, all I can do is wait 🙏

• Care
Does everyone have the "withdrawal after offer: declined seat" as the first options in the drop down? For days I've had this and 6 bars (and only 1 drop down menu) so I'm thinking this might be something that all portals have?

Does everyone have the "withdrawal after offer: declined seat" as the first options in the drop down? For days I've had this and 6 bars (and only 1 drop down menu) so I'm thinking this might be something that all portals have?

I also have that as the first option and my interview was 5/16. I think it’s probably a generic dropdown?

Pre II R. Kind of annoyed that I had to log into a portal to get my rejection.

Reactions: 8 users
I appreciate it when schools send pre -Rs early in the cycle. But these pre rs late is ridiculous and give people false hope

+1. Feels like we went from 4 bars to 0 in an instant :rofl:

I just got to 7 bars today but haven't recieved a decision yet. THe portal doesn't say a decisions but at the bottom, I see "What is the primary reason you are choosing not to enroll at PCOM?" And the first withdrawl option says "Withdrawl: Accepted offer at other PCOM Location". Does anyone else have this?

I just got to 7 bars today but haven't recieved a decision yet. THe portal doesn't say a decisions but at the bottom, I see "What is the primary reason you are choosing not to enroll at PCOM?" And the first withdrawl option says "Withdrawl: Accepted offer at other PCOM Location". Does anyone else have this?
That means you got accepted (99% sure) All the information has to load in

When was your interview date?

Did anyone’s get to 7 bars, but not have the second drop down? Does this mean you are regected?

Just a heads up for those awaiting post-II decisions, when you reach 7 bars, a key indicator for having an A is if you have a second drop down that have options that start with "Withdrawal after offer" alongside the normal drop down menu. If this doesn't appear, then it's an indicator of either a WL or R

Just a heads up for those awaiting post-II decisions, when you reach 7 bars, a key indicator for having an A is if you have a second drop down that have options that start with "Withdrawal after offer" alongside the normal drop down menu. If this doesn't appear, then it's an indicator of either a WL or R
Is this a guarantee?

No mine has had changed to , withdrawal: accepted offer at other pcom location

Just got off the waitlist , accepted today!!!!
Wait listed 5/29.

Waitlisted today. At this point, what do you think the chances of getting an A off the waitlist are?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Thank you !🙏 And sure I interviewed 5/23 then got waitlisted about a week later then about a week after that I got accepted (today)