2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 7/11/23

Congrats to everyone who's received a secondary so far! Does Rocky Vista have any secondary questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who already interviewed have any tips for the interview? I have mine tomorrow afternoon. It seems pretty low stress, but is it like a panel interview since there are two interviewers?

Anyone who already interviewed have any tips for the interview? I have mine tomorrow afternoon. It seems pretty low stress, but is it like a panel interview since there are two interviewers?
Sounds exactly right! Just don't be too nervous but nothing too stressful at all

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted via phone call!!

First acceptance, I can't believe it. I'm going to be a doctor!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those who got accepted, does the accepted student portal still say class of 2027?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes mine does as well!! And the links are all expired from last year. I’m sure it will update within the next week!

II just now! Technically IS but currently living OOS. Complete 9/4, LM 62

II just this morning !! International, submitted secondary Sep6. My first II so excited !!

Any other IS people that submitted back in July still waiting for feedback?

No II, hold, or R for me.

Anyone else had a really awful time when it comes to communication with faculty/admissions?

I've been ghosted twice now (via email) with two different, high-position faculty members. I've had a couple of phone calls that also came across unprofessional. I'm genuinely thinking of just withdrawing my app at this point. It's all left a very poor taste in my mouth.

Anyone else had a really awful time when it comes to communication with faculty/admissions?

I've been ghosted twice now (via email) with two different, high-position faculty members. I've had a couple of phone calls that also came across unprofessional. I'm genuinely thinking of just withdrawing my app at this point. It's all left a very poor taste in my mouth.
Oh really? That's crazy when I contacted them they were very attentive and resolved the issue within a few hours

Incredibly salty at the random Utah number who just called me while I'm sitting around waiting for a post-interview decision lol

• Haha
Any current students on here? I recently got the A here and have some questions regarding the school.

Just finished the interview with two faculty. It was very conversational with generic questions and scenario question.
I loved the interviewers and can’t wait to hear the decision!
Why DO , why RVU and question about their core values.

Has anyone else been accepted recently? I have looked through previous years threads and couldn’t figure out when their acceptance schedule is..

Has anyone else been accepted recently? I have looked through previous years threads and couldn’t figure out when their acceptance schedule is..
Wondering the same, I interviewed 10/2 and still waiting to hear back. I’ve been tracking Colorado’s bc they share interviewers so I’d imagine schedules are similar, but people who interviewed 9/27-9/29 got decisions last Friday! Hoping to hear soon 🥲

I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I interviewed on 9/13 and got a call with the A on 10/6. I think it takes 3-4 weeks.

I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I interviewed on 9/13 and got a call with the A on 10/6. I think it takes 3-4 weeks.
Did they mentioned when they will be holding admission committee meeting in Sep?
I also interviewed in Oct and I know there was one in last Friday, and still waiting!

Did they mentioned when they will be holding admission committee meeting in Sep?
I also interviewed in Oct and I know there was one in last Friday, and still waiting!
Someone in the Colorado thread said they called yesterday and the admissions office told them they were hoping to get October interview decisions out by the end of this week, fingers crossed that that's true for the Utah campus too!

Someone in the Colorado thread said they called yesterday and the admissions office told them they were hoping to get October interview decisions out by the end of this week, fingers crossed that that's true for the Utah campus too!
That’s nice to know ! Thanks :)

Gd I hope they get back to early October interviews today! I have an interview Monday that I would LOVE to cancel but don't want to count anything out without an A in my hand

I wish they can let us know today 😂😂
This is nerve-racking waiting season.
Anybody know if they sending out the email letter right away if we get accepted?

Anyone know if there is an accepted students chat/fb group/discord or anything? :)

Anybody got A call today? I interviewed on Oct 11 and I am still waiting with no updates.