2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Literally yesterday. I sent another thirsty “pls accept me” email haha. No idea why it’s slow.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If any first years are looking for an apartment, my roommate and I will be moving for our rotations and are looking for people to take over the remainder of our lease, with the option to renew. It's a great apartment on the UWS and we're sad to leave it. Please DM me for more info!

Last edited:
What could be the reasons for slow WL movement? More students accepting their offers than usual?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted yesterday off the waitlist. i interviewed 3/6 and waitlisted 4/9. i also got the high priority email and did not send an update letter

Reactions: 3 users
If any first years are looking for an apartment, my roommate and I will be moving for our rotations and are looking for people to take over the remainder of our lease, with the option to renew. It's a great apartment on the UWS and we're sad to leave it. Please DM me for more info!
hi i can’t dm u for some reason, but what is the rent like?

hi i can’t dm u for some reason, but what is the rent like?

has anyone tried to call admissions to gauge their position or their likelihood of getting off the WL?

Reactions: 2 users
Groupie is stuck at 68 students and FB group is 80. We're headed into June, what on earth is taking so long!

Groupie is stuck at 68 students and FB group is 80. We're headed into June, what on earth is taking so long!
maybe the class IS full and people just haven't joined groupme/FB? has anyone asked if the class is full already? plz report back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just FYI, on the official school GroupMe we have 84 members including 6 SGA members.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know you're just a student but would you happen to know anything about what's going on with the WL?
Oh I’m not a student yet, I’m accepted for class of 2028 though. I can tell you that a few people have left over the past few weeks, and a few people have joined, however I’m not sure if the people who joined have come from the WL as it is supposed to be a class of 135 yet we only have 79 on the FB and around that many on the GroupMe so I’m not sure what’s going on with the WL.

just got the A! 😭 can’t believe it. WL 4/9 and sent update letter last week. also 499 and 497 mcat retake with 3.79 cGPA

• Love
I got a registration email for a touro one account but no acceptance email….. this happen to anyone else?? Am I in?? 😂

Hi! Recently accepted, how long did it take yall to get into the Facebook group? Also, can someone send the link to the GroupMe! Thank you

Hi! Recently accepted, how long did it take yall to get into the Facebook group? Also, can someone send the link to the GroupMe! Thank you
congratulations!!! did you get the highly ranked email that was sent out last month?

Hi - do we know when classes start? Just wondering when I can stop thinking about the WL.

Official GroupMe has 97 members…we’re doomed.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

• Sad
Just withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of you, good luck everyone!

got the A (first one ) !! previously waitlisted in march, sent an update letter at the beginning of may :)

is attendance mandatory?
yes i believe only for the first year for the flipped classroom sessions which are T-Th from early morning to sometime in the afternoon. and I know that the middletown campus email blasts your absence (for sick days etc) to all faculty members so the Harlem campus probably does this too...

is attendance mandatory?
Attendance for lectures is taken through iclicker. I think we are allowed to miss 2 clicker sessions per class (usually the 2 lowest clicker scores are dropped at the end of the semester). clickers aren't bad though. Its honestly an easy way to boost your grade in a class because most people that I know get 100% and it usually counts for 5-10% of your grade.
Lab attendance is also mandatory. I think we are allowed to miss 1 or 2 lab sessions, but after that you really cannot miss labs or it has a major impact on your grade in the class.

A!!!!!!
Interviewed in early Feb, was waitlisted, and received an email this afternoon asking if I had any continued interest in attending.

Received my A, 2 hours after confirming!

I'm so so relieved

How much of their class do they still have to fill? The waitlist movement seems like it's just trickling slowly.

yes i believe only for the first year for the flipped classroom sessions which are T-Th from early morning to sometime in the afternoon. and I know that the middletown campus email blasts your absence (for sick days etc) to all faculty members so the Harlem campus probably does this too...
attendance is mandatory only tues, wed, thurs? what do Mondays and Fridays typically look like?

attendance is mandatory only tues, wed, thurs? what do Mondays and Fridays typically look like?
Lectures and labs are Tuesday through Thursday. Monday and Friday are reserved for exams. Exams are usually from 11 to 1 EST, with the exception of anatomy (10 to 12), because the lab practical in the cadaver lab occurs in the afternoon.

I remember being apart of the 2020-2021 Touro SDN thread and now I'm a rising OMS IV at Touro studying for Step2/Level 2 right now getting ready to apply for residency 😭. I just want to let you all know that it all works out in the end and to continue trusting your process! Best of luck to everyone!