2023-2024 TouroCOM-CA - Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did. Was the portion about the MSMHS program included in the email you received? I know a few other schools include information about their bridge/masters programs to students relatively low on the waitlist, so I’m hoping this was just sent to everybody. I already completed the MSMHS program so I’m really hoping that’s the case lol
They also mentioned the MSMHS program in my email as well. I think it was sent to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Given the 24hr turnaround time to accept, movement should start happening alot quicker from this point forward!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if theyre sending out wl offers as they are available or like a once a week thing?

I just got an A off of the waitlist this morning!
congratulations :) if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats and when did you interview? I’m just trying to get a rough idea of my rank on the waitlist lol

congratulations :) if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats and when did you interview? I’m just trying to get a rough idea of my rank on the waitlist lol
Sure! 3.9 GPA, 508 MCAT. Interviewed mid-February

OOS A off WL on May 31 afternoon -- 3.09 cGPA/3.18 sGPA, MCAT: 507, interviewed early March

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Apologies if this has already been asked and/or provided, but can anyone chime into life on the island? What I hear from students is that the island is much safer and quieter compared to the greater Vallejo area, but on websites like Neighborhood Scout & Crimegrade it has Mare Island as one of the "less safer" areas as opposed to the "safest" areas like Heather Ridge, Glen Cove, & Somerset Highlands. Is this accurate? I would assume Mare Island is the preferred option for students both in terms of convenience and safety based on logic and what I've heard. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and I hope those on the WL hear good news very soon!! :)

Hello! Apologies if this has already been asked and/or provided, but can anyone chime into life on the island? What I hear from students is that the island is much safer and quieter compared to the greater Vallejo area, but on websites like Neighborhood Scout & Crimegrade it has Mare Island as one of the "less safer" areas as opposed to the "safest" areas like Heather Ridge, Glen Cove, & Somerset Highlands. Is this accurate? I would assume Mare Island is the preferred option for students both in terms of convenience and safety based on logic and what I've heard. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and I hope those on the WL hear good news very soon!! :)
The island is pretty safe along with Glen Cove (neighborhood) and Benicia (city nearby) and also I would say some areas where there is neighborhood watch, or gated apartments. I live in a gated apartment and never had any issues.

Reactions: 1 user

I also messaged you so if you have any more questions lmk

They are moving through WL
If you are WL, don't give up hope. If you have updates to your app, send them!

They are moving through WL
If you are WL, don't give up hope. If you have updates to your app, send them!
im assuming i should only update with significant changes? not something like an interest letter?

im assuming i should only update with significant changes? not something like an interest letter?
yes, like what you have been doing since your last contact with them, if you have done something like shadowed a new DO or any other osteopathic related experience?
or a new volunteer experience, etc.

Any recommendations for housing? Better commute within 20 min.

hey y'all, I'm looking into getting an apartment in Benecia and would need 1-2 roommates to share either a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom. where would be the best place for me to ask if anyone would be interested? like the discord, FB, TUConnect, etc.?

hey y'all, I'm looking into getting an apartment in Benecia and would need 1-2 roommates to share either a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom. where would be the best place for me to ask if anyone would be interested? like the discord, FB, TUConnect, etc.?
all of the above lol. i may be interested so PM me!

Just here to manifest the A. Hope everyone is having a good day. :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
At what point should I just give up on Touro? I know someone said that the waitlist moves pretty well and that most people get off but it feels like since the update on July 1st that no one has gotten off or at least, no one on this site has posted about getting off

At what point should I just give up on Touro? I know someone said that the waitlist moves pretty well and that most people get off but it feels like since the update on July 1st that no one has gotten off or at least, no one on this site has posted about getting off
people are just not posting, but I can 100% confirm that WL movement has been happening. I have some friends that got off recently.

does anyone happen to have the discord/fb/groupme link? :)
Hi, here are the links:
Touro CA Accepted DO 23/24

It would be best to join all three of them at this point in time, and once the school year begins, it most likely will be centralized to one form of communication for the Class