2024-2025 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

I received my secondary for the Carolina Campus the other day! I assume these questions will be the same regardless of campus! Each has a 500 word limit.
  1. Describe a significant challenge you have experienced in your life, share the strategies you employed to overcome the challenge, and what you learned from the experience.
  2. Professionalism and respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance in medical school and as a physician. What three professional qualities do you believe a Student Doctor must demonstrate and describe how you will demonstrate these qualities as a medical student at VCOM?
  3. How do your professional ambitions align with osteopathic medicine?
  4. What influenced your decision to apply to VCOM? (e.g., personal or medical experiences; influences of friends/family/physicians/mentors; etc.)
  5. If you have not completed all the prerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior to matriculation.

Can someone provide assistance for me? In the process of completing VCOM's secondary application. When entering the CV section, do we just need to list the place worked and title of position? In the instructions it states: "A short title/description ONLY is needed." The examples shown only list place worked and title of position so I was slightly thrown off by the 'description' piece in the instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email 6/28 that my application is pending review and has been radio silence since. I am a low GPA applicant with a huge upward trend so I figured I met the cutoff to get a secondary per their nontrad last 90 credit calculation on the website. Guess we will see as it’s still very early

got an email 6/28 that my application is pending review and has been radio silence since. I am a low GPA applicant with a huge upward trend so I figured I met the cutoff to get a secondary per their nontrad last 90 credit calculation on the website. Guess we will see as it’s still very early
Do you mind sharing stats?

Met with an admin rep yesterday, he said that the first interview invites should start coming out mid august

Reactions: 1 user