2024-2025 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your secondary application invite after submitting the AACOMAS application?

Reminder: PREview is NOW RECOMMENDED but not required.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your secondary application invite after submitting the AACOMAS application?

A couple cycles ago, I submitted 7/14 and received a secondary invite 7/19. They have pretty quick turnarounds with everything.

OOS secondary received, does anyone know the difference between both campus choices?

Awesome! Would you all mind sharing the secondary question prompts?

Are you enrolled in an academic program? -> No -> If not, please describe your current activities. (300 Words)

Elective Programs (select from four choices): Please explain what interests you about this elective program.

What experiences have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? Please share a meaningful experience you have had while in the health professional field. (300 Words)

Optional: Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you? (500 words)

Primary submitted 6/12/24
OOS secondary received, 6/18/24

OOS secondary received, does anyone know the difference between both campus choices?

My suggestion is reach out to people from both campuses if you can. There’s positives to both sides, but class-wise, it won’t matter. It’s the same exact classes either in-person or transmitted to the other campus, depending on where the professor is lecturing from that day.

Speaking as a Tahlequah student, I’d say this campus is a small one, so you get to know everyone (staff, faculty, students, etc…) there fairly quickly and easily. Despite the small campus, there are plenty of study spaces always available. There’s probably other things I’m leaving out, but those are a couple that come to mind right now.

I wish I could tell you the upsides to Tulsa as well, but I haven’t spent a lot of time on that campus yet to really give you a good answer. Hope this at least partially helps!

Primary Submitted 6/24/24
OOS Secondary Received 6/25/24

Application marked complete: 6/25/24
Secondary received: 6/17/24

Here's hoping to an II soon :)

Is anyone else waiting for their letters to be classified? It shows the letters are received but haven't been classified as "faculty" letters.

Is anyone else waiting for their letters to be classified? It shows the letters are received but haven't been classified as "faculty" letters.
It takes a while. I can’t recall exactly how long it took, but I think my letters took several weeks to get sorted. I applied in August (much later than you), and I want to say they were done by October. I eventually got an interview in January, so don’t stress the year will go by in a blink I promise.