2024-2025 Orlando College of Osteopathic Medicine (OCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Coming Soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IS Secondary Recieved 5/28/24

The application allows you to enter Work, Volunteer and Shadowing Experiences not included in AACOMAS Application.

There is only one short answer question this year (it is required, no limit is indicated):
1. Is there any additional information about your academic record that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? Please include any academic difficulties or course withdrawals.

@PapaGuava

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In-State II received today! The same questions listed in AACOMAS! Good luck everyone!!

Did anyone have trouble paying the $50 secondary application fee? I submitted the secondary but never received a prompt to pay.

IS Secondary Recieved 5/28/24

The application allows you to enter Work, Volunteer and Shadowing Experiences not included in AACOMAS Application.

There is only one short answer question this year (it is required, no limit is indicated):
1. Is there any additional information about your academic record that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? Please include any academic difficulties or course withdrawals.

@PapaGuava
Hmm what would be an example of this? My lowest grade was a B. I read normally you leave it blank if you don't got much to talk about. Should I just say none? Bit confused thanks :)

Hmm what would be an example of this? My lowest grade was a B. I read normally you leave it blank if you don't got much to talk about. Should I just say none? Bit confused thanks :)
Well I unfortunately had a C to talk about lol.

Bc it seems to be required, if I were you I would either briefly talk about the hardest course you took (or lowest grade) and what you learned from it (study habits, resiliance, etc.) OR just put "I do not any additional information". I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I unfortunately had a C to talk about lol.

Bc it seems to be required, if I were you I would either briefly talk about the hardest course you took (or lowest grade) and what you learned from it (study habits, resiliance, etc.) OR just put "I do not any additional information". I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh.
Ah nice idea on talking about study habits. As it prompt doesn't seem to be asking directly about grades but just academic records. Though as I have multi Bs not just in one semester(mainly in my Freshman and sophomore year) . Maybe I can talk about the semester where I got 2 Bs. And talk about how I learned to balance work load better and adjust to college study habits. Or maybe just say no additional info.
Decisions to be made. Hmmm...
Thanks for the idea!

Interview invite IS today 6/26!

Secondary submitted: 6/14
50X (low MCAT), 3.1 science GPA, 4.0 postbacc. Good luck everyone 💕

The secondary prompt is the same as the prompt in the primary, and I already responded to it in the primary... Should I write a different response or the same one?

Any interview tips? This will be my first interview. I am surprised OCOM is still taking interviews for 2023-2024 cycle. Not sure how many seats are still available since I am interviewing very late.
was looking through the comments from last years thread bc I have an August interview scheduled for 2025 matriculation, here is what someone said:
"everyone was super friendly! you speak to a faculty member and a member of the admissions team and they ask you why DO, why OCOM, and other typical interview questions. i would prep those answers and also look over the OCOM website to learn more about the school. good luck!"

Additionally, it seems from the comments that the interview was open-file, so they can see/use your application to come up with questions.

Any interview tips? This will be my first interview. I am surprised OCOM is still taking interviews for 2023-2024 cycle. Not sure how many seats are still available since I am interviewing very late.
Talked to some of the current accepted students for the inaugural class and received various responses. Right now the Official Discord has over 80 members and the GroupMe has 46 members from a cursory glance. As someone who uses Discord and often never leaves servers due to its cumbersome design I would say the actual figure is somewhere between 46-80ish actual committed students.

Theres an interview this week on July 3rd for those that applied for the June 28th deadline (think this deadline got extended for the inaugural class but have no idea on that just going off what the website says right now). Think the previous poster did a great job summarizing whats needed for the interview so good luck!

Last edited:
IS II received on 7/12. First ever II after I’ve been stalking this and Reddit for the last almost 10 years!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users