21 days till the OAT! HELP!

ohdaze

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for the OAT for a month and I had to take a week off. Now I have 21 days till the exam and I am a bit stressed! I feel I have to relearn everything I learned in the last month because the information did not settle in as much as I thought it had. Any suggestions of what to do to enhance the next 21 days? Studying is the only thing on my agenda and I am 100% devoted. I have the Crack the OAT Reading Comp & Natural Sciences, Crack the DAT Math and the OAT Destroyer Physics is on its way. I have also learned a majority of the Kaplan Flashcards but I have been studying solo opposed to in a class or group setting.

Is the QR anything like the Crack the DAT Math? I feel that their math problems are WAY more conceptual and more of word problems than what I have seen in Kaplan.

Any suggestions/tips would be so appreciative! I know the bottom line is to know...EVERYTHING...but if there is a strategy of any sort that has help you guys, please send it my way! THANKS :)

Members don't see this ad.

21 days is plenty of time. In fact, that's how long I studied for my OAT.. period. You already went through the material,.. you'll be surprised at what you retained. Just study, de-stress, and take the test. Don't feel unprepared and reschedule the test...

Whew! I'm stressed just reading your post. In my opinion, the best thing you can do at this point is chill out! There is a fine line between 100% devotion and accidental self-destruction. There is a ton of info to know, and you WILL NOT learn all of it. So accept that fact, be proud of the ridiculous amount of stuff you do know (you're so smart!), and gently push yourself to dust off the cobwebs covering what you don't know, as much as time will allow. I found YouTube videos to be the best cobweb-dusters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that is more time than I had total. I don't get why people spend money on reading comp supplements? It's the only part of the test you don't actually have to study for... and the way it is set up on the computer tests its fairly easy to skim then search for a specific section pertaining to the question.

ohdaze,

Don't worry! If you have already been review for a month think about all the time you have already put in studying! That material will come back to you quick. The best thing you can do is make sure you brush up on your weaknesses. After that really focus on doing as many practice problems as possible so that you can make sure you are really in the "zone"on the way things are going to be asked. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask!

Patrick

thank you for all the feedback. I was a non-science undergrad major so I have rushed through most of the science classes, so while I did not take them a long time ago, I wasn't exactly able to grasp the entire concepts I was presented with, or gain complete mastery of the material. I have been putting my best foot forward and after I take the OAT this week, I will be sure to post my experiences. I hope my feedback will help guide everyone, as everyone's posts have helped me.

With just a few days to go, I know the rule is to relax and not think about the test (especially the day before) but I have never been one of those students, I could seriously study until the minute I walk into the testing center!

Thanks again, and I'll be posting my experience in no time!

ohdaze,

Don't worry! If you have already been review for a month think about all the time you have already put in studying! That material will come back to you quick. The best thing you can do is make sure you brush up on your weaknesses. After that really focus on doing as many practice problems as possible so that you can make sure you are really in the "zone"on the way things are going to be asked. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask!

Patrick

i'm reviewing using the kaplan oat small blue book...is that harder/easier/at the level of the actual OAT?

i'm reviewing using the kaplan oat small blue book...is that harder/easier/at the level of the actual OAT?

Optohopeful123- At Kaplan we invest a lot of time and energy into our materials. As long as you have the most recent edition of the book it will accurately reflect the exam. Good luck with your studying!

thank you Patrick! I'm starting to realize I know more than I think I know...(or so I hope!)