21AA but 16 PAT and 17 QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZaneKaiser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the DAT today.

BIO: 22
Gen Chem: 22
Ochem: 23
RC: 23
QR: 17
PAT: 16
TS: 22
AA: 21

My SGPA is 3.44, and OGPA is 3.45.

Will the PAT and QR hurt my chances? I know some schools have a cutoff for any sections lower than 17, should I retake? Which schools care about PAT and which ones do not?

Schools I've applied to:

Case Western
Marquette
MWU-AZ
MWU-IL
NYU
Roseman
UCLA
UCSF
University of Louisville
UMichigan
UNLV
UPENN
Pittsburgh
USC
UOP
Western U
Touro

Members don't see this ad.

Just took the DAT today.

BIO: 22
Gen Chem: 22
Ochem: 23
RC: 23
QR: 17
PAT: 16
TS: 22
AA: 21

My SGPA is 3.44, and OGPA is 3.45.

Will the PAT and QR hurt my chances? I know some schools have a cutoff for any sections lower than 17, should I retake? Which schools care about PAT and which ones do not?

Schools I've applied to:

Case Western
Marquette
MWU-AZ
MWU-IL
NYU
Roseman
UCLA
UCSF
University of Louisville
UMichigan
UNLV
UPENN
Pittsburgh
USC
UOP
Western U
Touro

UPenn and UoP care the most about PAT. Schools generally don't care about QR... there's a bunch of threads on people who have <17 QR but get into dental school. Case Western and MWUAZ have already sent out interview invites. All the other schools are fine.

Not true. Where did you hear that UoP care most about PAT? SDN?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, luckily most schools dont care much about QR. Some schools care about PAT to show that you have good manual dexterity, but you can demonstrate good manual dexterity through your activities on your app. But a 21AA is good! Im sure you'll get a few interviews

Not true. Where did you hear that UoP care most about PAT? SDN?

Only because it's coming from me do you question it.

I called UoP a few days ago and that is what they told me. If you want to confirm or refute what I've said, you go call them....

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I interviewed in April, I have talked to the admissions director for the past 2 years and talk to him regularly, so yes, I refute. Did you forget who I am? I am the one you Pm'ed asking about UoP...

Lol I interviewed in April, I have talked to the admissions director for the past 2 years and talk to him regularly, so yes, I refute. Did you forget who I am? I am the one you Pm'ed asking about UoP...

I was told otherwise, but if the head/actual admissions director told you, then I stand corrected. And yes I know after I checked the username LOL

Yeah... Haha But Im not saying UoP doesnt care about the PAT, its just not the most important.

Guys... I don't know why people take the dat without preparing for the QR. it can take down your AA, and look how worried everyone gets if they underperform. Just study hard for this section, people. Lol.

Guys... I don't know why people take the dat without preparing for the QR. it can take down your AA, and look how worried everyone gets if they underperform. Just study hard for this section, people. Lol.
Excuse me, I did all of Math Destroyer and the 10 Bootcamp exams. Math is just not my strength and I choked on the exam, plus the time constraint didn't help.

So I'm good for most schools? They won't see the 16 PAT as a red flag?