$22 shipping for each Berkeley Review book: This is maddness!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forkit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to the website for Berkeley Review, and I just realized that each section's book is worth $72! All I needed was the sections for Physics, General Chem, and Organic Chem, which would total $216.

Are you kidding me? For being probably the smallest MCAT company, it is unwise for you to be charging the highest price for MCAT books.

On the other hand, I can buy the entire ExamKrackers set (5 sections) for only $110.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah it sucks. I just sent them money yesterday for the gen chem books and gen chem passage books and it came out to be $106 for everything. I think it is pretty expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Madness?

THIS

IS

(Insert your favourite location here).

Sorry...I just had to say it :)

That's insane...I don't think the box-full-o-kaplan-stuff I received even weighed enough to break $15 dollars, much less a single book for $22...

Maybe try amazon.com or your local Indigo to see if they have them in stock?

is it really helpful? :eek:

Ok... I have to know, what is a poococoon? is it a toilet, maybe a port-a-pottie?

I have been tempted to buy the Berkeley review books as well. They look like they (and sound like from some posters) that they are great for the chemistries/physical sciences. I'll see though, I'm already working with the Gold Standard, Examkrackers, and Kaplan books (although, I'll probably just choose the best two of each section and roll with that).

is it really helpful? :eek:

Yes, I think TBR is great especially if you need extra content review and want additional practice on passage-type problems...there's at least a hundred passages for each subject. I just finished the Physics books and now I'm working on General chemistry. It's been 5-plus years since I took physics, general chemistry and O-chem so I initially found their passages to be challenging and I was frustrated but I've relearned so much.