23 AA, 26TS | Foster infinite hope, enjoy the vivid and honest process!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parvazi

26AA, 23 TS
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just took the DAT a while back and now I have a chance to post this for you. Instead of lecturing you like every other breakdown of people who did pretty decent of how many times I did Bootcamp, how important those Destroyer questions and Feralis notes is, I am going to share my general thoughts and emotional moments and how I have dealt with them during my time studying for DAT.

I know there are so many good scores on this website and I am only one of them but I believe I could share a unique perspective and even if touches one persons heart and change one single student’s perspective during hard times, I am still grateful for it.

My audience are mostly the ones that have forgotten their true power! I am telling you that we all have it and you just have to believe in what you want to get out of this and know that you are doing this all with LOVE!

When you are going through those Feralis notes, study it to know more because more knowledge simply gives you more power! Know that this is just a beginning of a 4 year journey and it is going to pay off and setting a month or two apart is going to be worth it!

Here is the the most simple yet fundamental things that you wanna make sure you are going while going through it:

1. is a reasonable schedule made on GOOGLE CALENDAR (success factor and a life savor).
  2. Follow routine! I can not stress enough how big of a deal this is! Changes the whole game!
    1. Wake up to a physical activity, go for a walk and some fresh air WITHOUT YOUR STUPID PHONE
    2. Get some water, squeeze lemon! It wakes you up and energize you
    3. Meal prep so you don’t have to cook everyday! Eat healthy food and avoid greasy food!
    4. Sleep 8 hours a day
    5. Take a night off and do whatever you want but nothing too crazy! I would just do dinner with some of my girlfriends to get my mind off studying.
  3. HUSTLE! Do I really need to explain this one?
  4. If you get tired? Go even harder! Always have this thought behind your head that you only wanna take this once! So give it all in!
  5. Pray! I am not going too deep into this one! You know your own believes and support system.
  6. VERY IMPORTANT: Don’t get discouraged by not doing well on practice tests! IMO, first time going through them , they are only here to teach you your mistakes! Learn from them, write them down in a notebook and get those questions right the next time going through it!
  7. Condense your notes and the tests you get wrong! Condense Chads videos into 3 pages for GC and 3-4 pages for OC! I listened to Chads twice and the sending time I made the notes as I have described. This is your bible for answering any GC OC questions! Whatever new material can be added here and there to those notes! Go through them every other day! Should take you about 10 mins each as you get close to your test day! I also made a screen shot of the questions I got wrong on Bootcamp and would color code Destroyer with a different color each time going though it! The last two days to your DAT, this notebook and those review sheets are your only study material! As far as Feralis, I took out the things that were really obvious for me! Took out the photos and condensed it into 60 pages! That 60 page was divided into 4 packets and I would go through each packet every other day. I enjoyed this more because I thought its less material so I would review them more. Topics like Cell reparation, if you don’t know it, write down the chart on your notebook! Add your own explanations for subjects like physiology( GI tract hormones), hormones, Reproduction, Developmental… Whatever you want to go over fast with your eyes and that little page helps you remember it! Put it in that NOTEBOOK! Feralis should be ENGRAVED in your head! You need that notebook two weeks into your exam day and also the morning of the test. for Math! Use Bootcamp and Destroyer Formulas! I found BC more representative to the test and it entails the new questions they added to that section but also if you have time, fo at least 4,5 tests on Destroyer and TAKE NOTES!!!!! Again, that NOTEBOOK! You can’t take the test without that Notebook so put in the good work
  8. I had some review pages of things like Angels, Tests , a review sheet of SN1 SN2 E1 E2, Diversity Chart and Plants Chart, All the GC Formulas I needed to see organized by topic, and much more. I printed them out and out them all over my room so I could see them whenever I get a chance. I found this extremely helpful
  9. RC: English is my second language. I am good at reading but I am just a slow reader. I started with Bootcamp, got 15’s-18’s even 19. I decided to purchase Quvalt because I wanted to do RC almost everyday! DO IT! It’s definitely easier but helps you locate the answers to the test! The test was way easier than Bootcamp and I could def have done better but why would I say this now? LOL
  10. PAT! DO IT EVERYDAY even if its for 10 mins! Those generators prepare you for anything! I got the same score as I have been getting on all Boostcamps. I did them twice so 20 tests total.

Time yourself each day and write it down! Overall, I studied about 1 month and half starting with 5-6 hours a day. Some days I could power study for 10 hours. The last week, I was so sick and tired of it and I couldn’t study anymore and that’s when I knew that it’s the time to take that test.

Study for long hours! You need to develop a habit that you would have a straight focus for 5 hours! So closer to your test, sit down and don’t get up for 5 hours! ( Practice tests prepares you with this)

Listen to good music! Be happy and know that it will work out and all the hard work is going tp pay off!

Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing good news from the ones who get something out of this today!
I hope that I have at least inspired one person <3

LOVE

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Beautiful breakdown, very helpful and encouraging.
Awesome scores and great tips especially the onest about exercising, eating healthy and sleeping for 8 hours.

Reactions: 1 user