24 MCAT; 3.59 cgpa; 3.45 sgpa; DO I HAVE A SHOT AT DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

withsomeluck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received my scores today, and I'm dissapointed. I averaged a 31 through out my practice tests, but I let the time get the best of me on the actual test. I got: PS:8 / VR: 7 / BS: 9. I am URM, although I think that doesn't help at all. Do I still have a shot for DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying this cycle or next year?

What are your EC's like?

Have you shadowed a DO and gotten the coveted "DO letter?"

Based on stats, you could get accepted SOMEWHERE, if you apply early enough and broadly enough. I don't know if you are too late for this cycle. Rolling admissions may kill your app.

Good luck.

dsoz

So I received my scores today, and I'm dissapointed. I averaged a 31 through out my practice tests, but I let the time get the best of me on the actual test. I got: PS:8 / VR: 7 / BS: 9. I am URM, although I think that doesn't help at all. Do I still have a shot for DO schools?

You will get in somewhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
Even witht he 24, you'll be OK at some schools.

KCOM, KCUMB, MUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM-VC, VCOM-CC, ACOM, LMU, WVSOM, LECOM-E, SOMA, COMP-NW

+

PNWU, WCU, PCOM-Ga, KYCOM (these are regionally biased though)

though reaches, you can also add DMU, LECOM-B, and NSU for their quick secondaries.

KCOM, KCUMB, MUCOM, CUSOM, VCOM-VC, VCOM-CC, ACOM, LMU, WVSOM, LECOM-E, SOMA, COMP-NW

+

PNWU, WCU, PCOM-Ga, KYCOM (these are regionally biased though)

though reaches, you can also add DMU, LECOM-B, and NSU for their quick secondaries.

These are major reaches unless OP is an African American URM ...

Yeah, I'm Mexican-American URM. Do you guys think giving a shot at the California schools is a far reach? I'm a cali resident that's why.

Yeah, I'm Mexican-American URM. Do you guys think giving a shot at the California schools is a far reach? I'm a cali resident that's why.

California DO schools have the highest average MCAT in the nation... If you can bring that MCAT up to 27+, you definitely will have a shot... I don't think you have a shot with 24... However, since you are from Cali and you would like to stay there, you should definitely throw a hail mary....

Yeah I would like to stay here, but I don't mind going somewhere else. Hopefully I get some interview invites this cycle, if not I'll retake the mcat. I was averaging a 31 on my practice exams, I don't know what happened.

Yeah I would like to stay here, but I don't mind going somewhere else. Hopefully I get some interview invites this cycle, if not I'll retake the mcat. I was averaging a 31 on my practice exams, I don't know what happened.

Wtf. You were averaging 31 and Made a 24?

Yes, I did simulate the tests on my practice tests. But I let the time get the best of me in both PS and VR, I needed to completely guess on the last two passages. That's why I'm not sure if I should go DO, or just retake.