24 y/o 3.77 GPA 32R MCAT Unbalanced

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicholas Conrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to Gonzaga U and majored in Electrical Engineering w/ pre-med concentration and Jazz minor (graduated in May 2010)

3.77 GPA

MCAT is a little dicey - 32R

14 PS
11 B
7 V

I taught AP computer science and math last year at a private HS and am signed up for next year to teach part-time and be a part-time medical scribe.

I have (high school) behavioral neuroscience reserach experience, around 100 hours of emergency room volunteering experience, was a OChem TA for 4 semesters in college. Was VP of college's health sciences club. Have good recs and wanna know what my chances are! I know my verbal score is my weak spot - any ideas?

Here's my school list:

Baylor College of Medicine
Creighton University School of Medicine
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Keck Sch. of Med.University of Southern California
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medici
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicin
Oregon Health and Science University
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Stanford University School of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Other schools I should add to up my chances? I am an Oregon resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is the best place to look up MSAR to find schools that I should apply to?

One more question - I took the GRE because I am thinking of bioengineering schools as my backup plan; would listing my GRE verbal score (500, which is approximately 60%) on the AMCAS help my case at all?

Thanks so much for your help!

Go to your prehealth advising office or the reference library on campus, or the med school library (if there is one), as they should have one you can take a look at. Or you can buy your own on-line version for $15 at https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/requirements/msar/

I don't know that a GRE score in the 60th %tile will help your case.