~$250 to NOT take the PCAT *explicit lang*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wightOlore

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I woke up early and felt great. Left my house about 70 minutes before the test started (drive is 40 min), and at around 8ish I get pulled over. I was jammin' to some music, and didn't even realize he was behind me.. I told him my situation.. didn't care... came back at 8:20ish (LET ME SIT THERE FOR 20 MINUTES!!!!) and handed me a ticket which I will assume is $100+ for 77 in a 60. I then peel out thinking '**** this I gotta get there..' .. he doens't flinch and I cruise all the way to the University. 5 mins left when I realize there is construction EVERYWHERE. I see signs for the university, and try to park in mulitiple places only to find that there was a $4.00 parking fee in nearly every area. Not prepared for this I offered them my debit, but they don't ****ing accept it....

Anyways, I didn't make it, and had a ****ty day..

P.S. The $150 was for signing up on the 1st (of Jan)....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey that really does suck. I slept in on the october PCAT, over a 100 dollars gone to waste. It's ok, there's always next year.

True.. and i planned on taking either the June or October.. I was just really trying to study a bit so kind of a let down.. thanks for bein' cool and understanding.. i thought for sure i'd get the 'welllll shoulda woke up earlier..' even tho i should have and prolly left earlier and not sped and not did a bunch of heroin before the test lol jk on the last one but still live and learn right?

You know what though? Look at it this way...if you would have taken it, with your blood pressure on the rise like that, maybe sometime around the first week of March this time, you would be kicking your bootie even harder, after receiving a score you definitely didn't want, for taking it after going through all of that in one morning. Look at the brighter side, maybe you not taking it today actually was a good thing ;) No matter what, there is always next time :) (sorry for all of the run-on sentences..lol!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey that really does suck. I slept in on the october PCAT, over a 100 dollars gone to waste. It's ok, there's always next year.

how did you sleep over a pcat test? The alarm clock wasn't working?

@ OP:

dude, sorry to hear about the exam day adventure. I guess money would be a new item to add to your Test Day Prep Materials. Mine also included these:

• Digital Watch
  • New dollar bills and/or quarters for the vending the machine during break. Keep the blood glucose up!!
  • 5 pencils (1 per section). I hate wood pencils, but the instructions say no mechanical. However, in my exam half the freaking room had them. Therefore, I'd bring one anyways if you like mechanical.
  • Sweater, sweatshirt or some other form of layering clothing.
  • Re-wetting drops if you wear contacts.

My campus too was charging for parking on the October exam b/c there was a home football game. I had figured I could park in a garage and pay when I left, but no such luck!

I missed my October PCAT because I got the date wrong. Luckily I made it to the January test. No clue how I did. Good I hope.

lol ,,,,to OP i know how you feel. I left over an hour early for my PCAT only to be stuck in traffic half an hour into the test. luckily I made it RIGHT on time at 8:00 not one minute early. I thought it was a sign of good things to come but to my dismay my score was a disappointing <60

Long story short, I woke up early and felt great. Left my house about 70 minutes before the test started (drive is 40 min), and at around 8ish I get pulled over. I was jammin' to some music, and didn't even realize he was behind me.. I told him my situation.. didn't care... came back at 8:20ish (LET ME SIT THERE FOR 20 MINUTES!!!!) and handed me a ticket which I will assume is $100+ for 77 in a 60. I then peel out thinking '**** this I gotta get there..' .. he doens't flinch and I cruise all the way to the University. 5 mins left when I realize there is construction EVERYWHERE. I see signs for the university, and try to park in mulitiple places only to find that there was a $4.00 parking fee in nearly every area. Not prepared for this I offered them my debit, but they don't ****ing accept it....

Anyways, I didn't make it, and had a ****ty day..

P.S. The $150 was for signing up on the 1st (of Jan)....

Hey,

WoW, I'm sorry to hear that. :eek:

The way I look at crappy stuff like that is that maybe it wasn't meant to be. There's always a reason why things unfold the way they do. Who knows, maybe you'll walk into next years PCAT's and kick-@$$. :thumbup:

On a positive note, you do get a pretty cool/funny life-long story--you can always tell that one as a speech opener/ice breaker. :D

Keep your head up kid. Best of luck!

how did you sleep over a pcat test? The alarm clock wasn't working?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've taken the test twice and both times I woke up at least 10 times during the night before because I was worried that I was going to oversleep. I had to be there at 8:30. The drive was about an hour. I left my house 2 and 1/2 hours early just to make sure that I made it on time.....

Hey it can happen ok!:p Anyway, sorry to hear your horror story and best of luck next time!:)

Lets see my list

• Morning
  • 5-600mg Pram
  • 20mcg Vinpo
  • 50mcg HupA with Gingko (Vitamin shoppe brand)
  • Choline bitartrate (switching to Alpha GPC today)

Mid Morning
  • 10mcg Vinpo

Afternoon/Evening
  • 2-400mg Pram
  • 10mcg Vinpo
  • Choline Bitartrate (again, going to switch to Alpha GPC)
  • No Watch
  • 1 pencile
  • Hat and cell phone, they told me to leave outside

Results so far you wonder? OUTSTANDING! I was not sure what to expect from these, Pram especially (even though i've heard nothing but great things) since your mileage may vary, but I was very pleased. Focus was noticeably improved and so was motivation. Motivation was the biggest improvement that I saw, no joke. I comprehended things better, reading a TON, and enjoying it. I like to read, but sometimes I will put certain things off. Off the exam I got a LOT of other s*** done too, stuff that I either never used to do or stuff that I never got around to.

Maxhard... you're well on your way to being one of those pharmacist addicts. I have serious heartfelt sympathy for your future patients. You might as well hand in your license now, or better yet, don't even bother to get one.:p

to the OP: sucks to be you. Don't speed. Don't oversleep. Drive the route the day before. Know your spot, know your building, know your room. Seriously, what patient would want you as their pharmacist at this point?

This isn't about slacking off in Walgreens counting pills for 120k per year plus bonuses.

This is serious. Stick with your 4-year degree, BA or BS, go work, then come back if you still think being a pharmacist is what your life's work is.

actually even though I live only 40 to 50 mins away from the testing site, due to the very unpredictable traffic, I still decided to stay in a hotel near the test site just to be sure I wouldn't oversleep and stress out over it. If you've already paid that much for the test, might as well spent it well with a good night sleep :)

@ OP:

dude, sorry to hear about the exam day adventure. I guess money would be a new item to add to your Test Day Prep Materials. Mine also included these:

• Digital Watch
  • New dollar bills and/or quarters for the vending the machine during break. Keep the blood glucose up!!
  • 5 pencils (1 per section). I hate wood pencils, but the instructions say no mechanical. However, in my exam half the freaking room had them. Therefore, I'd bring one anyways if you like mechanical.
  • Sweater, sweatshirt or some other form of layering clothing.
  • Re-wetting drops if you wear contacts.

Don't forget gum and tissues! (just in case!)

Who knows may be its for the best that you overslept/pulled over.
Once I was going somewhere, and was almost at the door when got a strong feeling that I forgot something. Which was ridiculous becouse i pretty much didnt need anything , but anyways , despite being in a hurry I went back for 5-10 seconds to check. Everything was fine. 10 minutes later, a 15-pound iceling fell from the fifth floor right on my way, 5-6 yards away. So, if I didnt delay for those 5 seconds, it could be t pretty bad