25AA, 3.6sGPA and 3.75oGPA- Where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1048707

Looking for suggestions for where to apply and things to improve on my app!!

Date of submission: next cycle! looking to submit as early as possible:)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.6 (one C+ is really dragging this down and this was due to some severe personal issues)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: slightly lower than 3.6
DAT score: 25AA/TS (20 PAT)
State of Residence: PA
Minority? No
Nontrad? No, applying at the end of junior year

Shadowing Experience:
120, general
Volunteering Experience: 100 (tutoring mostly and some other community oriented activities, could try to get this up)
Employment: Work as a paid tutor and office manager, also worked summer jobs etc nothing too significant
Research: 10hr/week
Other Extracurriculars: Community Service Orgs and Greek life. I hold 3 leadership positions.
LOR type and strength: I think pretty strong?

Schools: Pitt, Temple, UCSF, Michigan, UPenn, Columbia, Case Western, UNC, UConn, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, LECOM, NSU (I feel like a lot of these are hard to get into so would like suggestions on schools that are safer for my stats) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just double checked my volunteering, i actually have 150!

Looking for suggestions for where to apply and things to improve on my app!!

Date of submission: next cycle! looking to submit as early as possible:)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.6 (one C+ is really dragging this down and this was due to some severe personal issues)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: slightly lower than 3.6
DAT score: 25AA/TS (20 PAT)
State of Residence: PA
Minority? No
Nontrad? No, applying at the end of junior year

Shadowing Experience: 120, general
Volunteering Experience: 100 (tutoring mostly and some other community oriented activities, could try to get this up)
Employment: Work as a paid tutor and office manager, also worked summer jobs etc nothing too significant
Research: 10hr/week
Other Extracurriculars: Community Service Orgs and Greek life. I hold 3 leadership positions.
LOR type and strength: I think pretty strong?

Schools: Pitt, Temple, UCSF, Michigan, UPenn, Columbia, Case Western, UNC, UConn, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, LECOM, NSU (I feel like a lot of these are hard to get into so would like suggestions on schools that are safer for my stats) :)
you have excellent stats, you can apply pretty much anywhere
do more research in the ADEA guide to find more "in range schools"
your list is kind of top heavy, in my opinion
you have six schools that are amongst the toughest in the nation to get into

Members don't see this ad :)
you have excellent stats, you can apply pretty much anywhere
do more research in the ADEA guide to find more "in range schools"
your list is kind of top heavy, in my opinion
you have six schools that are amongst the toughest in the nation to get into
thank you! i've looked into the ADEA and was interested in schools such as midwestern LECOM, NYU, and VCU athough some are very expensive. Do you have any suggestions? thank you so much:)

thank you! i've looked into the ADEA and was interested in schools such as midwestern LECOM, NYU, and VCU athough some are very expensive. Do you have any suggestions? thank you so much:)
my suggestion is to not apply to expensive schools

Reactions: 1 users
Your stats look great, I honestly wouldn’t worry too much about the C+ and just explain whatever happened if it comes up in an interview. I would echo what was said above and add a few more easier schools to get into, but you are definitely competitive for pretty much all programs. For reference I had a 3.75 oGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 23AA and was accepted into Penn this cycle.

Also just realized I totally ignored your question for suggestions lol, I would look into Louisville and Kentucky as they have average stats and I’m pretty sure at least one accepts a lot of OOS students!

Reactions: 1 user
You have great stats and good experiences. Like you said, try to gain more volunteering hours and make sure your ps is 👌

I don't think you have to apply to any private schools. I had similar stats as you and only applied to IS and relatively affordable OOS schools (usually the ones where you can gain IS tuition after a year or so) and received interviews from all but one school I applied to and got into multiple of them.

Since you're a PA resident, definitely apply to Pitt and Temple. If you're willing to pay the ivy tuition, apply to them as well since you have a good shot. BTW please only apply to schools you would go to if that's the only school you get into.

Below are my recommendations:
-Michigan, UCSF, Maryland, UNC, Rutgers
-"safety" schools: Marquette, Louisville, Kentucky, etc; for these, choose carefully since the cost adds up. Look at the location, COA, clinical exposure, etc.

Reactions: 1 users