27 MCAT, 3.32 graduate GPA, 3.1 undergrad GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wakeforestkid12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances?
27 MCAT (9's on all sections)
I had an overall gpa of 3.1 in undergrad where I worked two jobs and was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities
I attended a Master's program at the University of South Florida where I obtained a 3.32 gpa- all of these courses are the same ones the medical students take in their first two years, and we were instructed by the medical faculty at the medical school at USF.
I come from a disadvantaged background- parent's didn't graduate high school, lower socioeconomic class, first generation college student, worked while in undergrad/grad school, and from a rural area.
I applied to both DO and MD schools. So far I've received 7 secondaries from MD schools and 5 secondaries from DO schools. No ii yet...it's making me nervous. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

near zero chance for MD being this late, but fine for a majority of DO schools. add a few more DO's to be safe

Members don't see this ad :)
What are my chances?
27 MCAT (9's on all sections)
I had an overall gpa of 3.1 in undergrad where I worked two jobs and was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities
I attended a Master's program at the University of South Florida where I obtained a 3.32 gpa- all of these courses are the same ones the medical students take in their first two years, and we were instructed by the medical faculty at the medical school at USF.
I come from a disadvantaged background- parent's didn't graduate high school, lower socioeconomic class, first generation college student, worked while in undergrad/grad school, and from a rural area.
I applied to both DO and MD schools. So far I've received 7 secondaries from MD schools and 5 secondaries from DO schools. No ii yet...it's making me nervous. Thoughts?
Hi wakeforestkid12, where did you end up enrolling, MD or DO?

Hi wakeforestkid12, where did you end up enrolling, MD or DO?

I retook my mcat and received a 30 And I'm enrolling DO and I'm happy with that haha. I work in the ED as a scribe and all the doctors have stated that it doesn't even matter where you attend school or if you're do or md. They've stated that the distinction between them is slowly disappearing and that residency is more important. So I'm viewing this as a second chance to NOT overload like I did in undergrad and get the speciality I want haha. Thanks for checking back in!

Reactions: 1 users