27 N- already applied what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a 27 on the MCAT (all test were in the 31-33 range) so i felt okay submitting my application. Now that i have to retest in August what do i do with my application, my GPA isnt high enough to be competitive at a lot of schools with a 27 and I will most likley get screened out of the schools i really want to go to (anywhere in Cali). How do i go about taking the august test and have those scores go to the schools without them first flat out rejecting me pre-secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

I would call AMCAS and see if you are allowed to modify your application and go back and check the box that says you are taking the August MCAT. Or I'm sure you can withdraw your application if you want to take the August MCAT or next April one, get some more credentials and apply next year. I wish you the best of luck.

also make asure you apply to a wide range of schools with varying requirements. Also you could consider DO schools. Bes tof luck; people have gottne in with much less than that. Well we don't know your GPA.

yeah i considered DO schools and will apply to a few but really would rather go MD. Im retaking in August, i just do not want to get screened out at all the UC's without having them look at the rest of my application which is very strong (professional and divison 1 college athlete, baseball and football) what a stunner it was to see. I hat the physical science section. Pretty much all the physics i wasnt comfortable with was on the exam. break down was a 7-ps, 10 v, 10 bio. during practice exams i was around a 10 PS, 12 verbal and 11 bio

my GPA is around 3.35-3.4 so a good MCAT score was a big thing for me. everything else is real good LOR's activities (not many i think were pro-athletes or D1a athletes) I just sucks because im not a Cali resident and really want to go to school there. And when my practice tests were all in the 32-33 range i was fairly confident that i had a fighting chance. It just seemed all the physics and orgo that was uncomfortable with was on the test. Heres a quick question if i withdraw my application from AMCAS can i just then submit it again at a later date, just not apply to schools like the UC's which will screen me out pre secondary until i get my august scores. I thinking i slacked a bit towards the end with spring football practice going on, im just so pissed. Any way needed to vent and if anyone has any answers id appreciate it thanks.