28 MCAT, 3.45 sGPA, 3.55 cGPA Good EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorAirJordan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honest opinions please!
I've already applied to a few schools but is it even worth adding more schools for this cycle? I was doing much better on practice tests for MCAt but bombed the real thing.

7/2/13: BS: 8, VR: 10, PS: 10

-- Felt the best about BS too! :(

I have great EC's with volunteering, on-campus involvement, mission work in Africa, clinical experience, student-athlete and a ton of research experience with 2 publications.

Help me out SDN. I know I shouldn't be but I'm primarily focused on M.D. programs at this point. Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is your MCAT balanced? I don't think all hope is lost for MD. Apply to all low-tiers. Which ones have you applied to already? Also, what state do you reside in?

School list
Creighton
Drexel
GWU
Rush
Temple
Arizona
Iowa
Nebraska
Kansas
Penn State
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College of Wisconsin

PLEASE list any schools you recommend adding to apply to. Thank you.
I'm open to applying to as many as possible to give myself the best possible chance of getting in.

Last edited:
Unless you live in one of those states with a public MD school, your < avg numbers make you non-competetive there. State schools favor the home team,a nd so you need to e > avg for them.

My suggested list

Creighton
Drexel
GWU
Rush
Temple
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College of Wisconsin
SLU
Wake Forest
Tulane
VCU
East VA
Jefferson
Albany
YOUR state school, if any
ALL new MD schools
ANY DO school

PLEASE list any schools you recommend adding to apply to. Thank you.
I'm open to applying to as many as possible to give myself the best possible chance of getting in.[/QUOTE]