MD & DO 28 MCAT and 3.78 total GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivanov12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received my MCAT score of 28 (11/7/10) for (PS/V/BS) respectively. My BCPM GPA is 3.74 AO GPA is 3.81 and total GPA is 3.78. I graduated from Ohio State in Electrical Engineering and had research and volunteering experience. I currently work as a medical scribe.

What are my chances for both MD and DO schools? I am curently a resident of Ohio and only applied to MD schools in Ohio.

MD: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Toledo, NEOMED, and Wright State

DO: LECOM, AZCOM, AT Still -AZ, Marian, OU-HCOM, PCOM, WVSOM, and NOVA

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a good list. Add some of the new med schools in MI, CT and PA. AZCOM is starting to be huffy and wants people 29 or greater. Replace it with TUNCOM, Western or the other Touros. Add PCOM and VCOM too.

I recently received my MCAT score of 28 (11/7/10) for (PS/V/BS) respectively. My BCPM GPA is 3.74 AO GPA is 3.81 and total GPA is 3.78. I graduated from Ohio State in Electrical Engineering and had research and volunteering experience. I currently work as a medical scribe.

What are my chances for both MD and DO schools? I am curently a resident of Ohio and only applied to MD schools in Ohio.

MD: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Toledo, NEOMED, and Wright State

DO: LECOM, AZCOM, AT Still -AZ, Marian, OU-HCOM, PCOM, WVSOM, and NOVA

Op, OSU wants like a 33 to 34 MCAT. If I were you I would take that off your list