28M CA Non traditional school list ?/ WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed0516

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 28 year old male from California ORM. I am currently in the process of applying to medical schools and would like some help with creating a school list and weighing my chances.

CGPA- 3.16
Science- 3.00

MCAT-510

-60 hours shadowing DO
-400 hours medical scribe
-200 hours hospice volunteer
-50 hours kaiser volunteer
-Helped create organization to assist first generation students apply to college at local high school
-coached youth soccer three years in a row

I plan on applying broadly to 30+ schools, looking for direction to which DO schools and if any MD. Thank you!

@Faha @Goro
You had informed me to come back when my MCAT came in and the 510 is the score I received today. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
UIWSOM
ARCOM
ACOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
CHSU-COM
Noorda (new school)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you take few more science classes even at community college to bring your Spa > 3.?

currently in the process of doing so, have been taking classes for past couple years to bring up my grades. My senior GPA is 3.6 for science and cgpa

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
UIWSOM
ARCOM
ACOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
CHSU-COM
Noorda (new school)

Would it be unwise to apply to any MD schools. Are there any you think I could possibly have a chance at? Also was curious why you didn’t recommend Touro CA. Thank you again for your help with this! @Faha @Goro

You can apply to Touro CA but it is a competitive school and your GPA is low for that school. The GPA-MCAT grid shows that applicants with your stats have less than a 30% chance for a MD acceptance. As a CA resident it would be lower than that.

Reactions: 1 user