Dec 1, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Maryland Resident
28P
3.86 GPA (3.75 sGPA)

Gradauted in 2009. Since then I have received a MSc from Oxford University and I am currently a research assistant at the NIH. I am also a Volunteer at a local ER on the weekends. Applied to 24 schools (18MD/6DO). What are my chances? MD? DO?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Without taking into account ECs we know nothing about, assuming you didn't apply late, with a 3.86/28, for MD I'd extrapolate ~48-57% chance of an acceptance from the stats charts, but I'd add a plus factor due to a high hard-science masters GPA for some schools. For DO, waaaay higher. If you don't have the usual and customary ECs, then a negative factor should be included.

Dec 1, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for the info. I would say that my ECs are pretty standard compared to what I have seen on SDN (a boat load of research, healthcare-oriented community service, study abroad, 60+ hours of shadowing/hospital time). Any other advice to improve my chances is definitely welcome.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads