29M, 3.6 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anamaly1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my MCAT twice, first was 22Q (9, 5, 8), second time was 29M (10,8,11)

Overall GPA: 3.60, Science GPA: 3.58 with an upward trend senior year

Major: Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry, Biology

Graduated in 2010

California Resident

EC:

-275 hours of clinical volunteer at 3 different hospitals/clinics
-48 hours of shadowing
-2 years of clinical research
-Founder and president of an on campus international medical club for 2 years.-- we send students and set up free clinics in Central America
-Lab intern at the Orange County Water district for 1 year
-Currently a full time Lab Technician at the same lab

I plan on applying as soon as possible. I'm working on my personal statement and I have 3 strong letters from my chemistry professor, humanities professor, and a chemistry TA with a PHD. Currently waiting on a letter from my Lab Director at work.

I plan on applying to at least 25 schools, but I want to know where I'd have the strongest chances.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Some MD schools with a good OOS ( % ) acceptance rate for you to consider would be:
GWU (96%), FIU (21%), Louisville (25%), Tulane (83%), UNevada (24% from region and [W]WAMI), NYMC (67%), MUSC (22%), SCarolina (18%), EVMS (39%), Rush (19%), Michigan State (26%), Oakland (new), and Commonweath MC (PA) (29%).

I took my MCAT twice, first was 22Q (9, 5, 8), second time was 29M (10,8,11)

Overall GPA: 3.60, Science GPA: 3.58 with an upward trend senior year

Major: Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry, Biology

Graduated in 2010

California Resident

EC:

-275 hours of clinical volunteer at 3 different hospitals/clinics
-48 hours of shadowing
-2 years of clinical research
-Founder and president of an on campus international medical club for 2 years.-- we send students and set up free clinics in Central America
-Lab intern at the Orange County Water district for 1 year
-Currently a full time Lab Technician at the same lab

I plan on applying as soon as possible. I'm working on my personal statement and I have 3 strong letters from my chemistry professor, humanities professor, and a chemistry TA with a PHD. Currently waiting on a letter from my Lab Director at work.

I plan on applying to at least 25 schools, but I want to know where I'd have the strongest chances.

Thanks
Good chances at MDs...and you are a shoe in for DOs.