1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

29N and MCAT retake on August 19?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by SmilingOrange, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SmilingOrange

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone,

I got a 29N on my first MCAT. Should I retake on August 19?
    I'm worried that the August 19 test is too late.
    Here are my stats:
    cGPA 3.63, sGPA ~3.5, few EC, volunteering, shadowing. Good LORs. Live in Florida. Do you think applying with a 29N can get me into my state schools?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Whatyousay

Whatyousay A few loose screws
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    A 29 / 3.5 for Florida is borderline competitive.

The better question is, what were you making on your practice tests? Did you identify problem areas that you can readily fix?

If you were making ~ 29 on your practice tests (give or take a few points), a retake in a month might not necessarily accomplish much. Don't retake unless you're confident that you'll be able to do MUCH better on the retake.