29P MCAT and 3.6 GPA, what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tealironmoose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved a 29P MCAT and currently have a 3.6 GPA. I have roughly 300 hours community service (200 in an ER, 100 through Church). I will have roughly 30 hours shadowing experience by August and I also maintain yearlong employment (20 hours a week during winter, full time during summer). Am I a competitive applicant for MD schools and/or DO schools? Also any suggestions on how to improve my resume would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

ur very competitive for DO school. depending on where you apply you might be able to get a few interviews from some MD schools.

Good chance for MD state schools and schools that accept a high # of oos students.

Believe it or not, you don't need a 30+ MCAT and 3.8 GPA to get into MD school.

Your very competitive, above post is right you don't need some crazy MCAT score to get accepted.

Apply early, like right now you should be getting secondary applications in.

Also, think hard about your EC's. If you ever helped you mother garden you can and should put it on you application (worded properly) So many people forget to put things like that on apps. IF you helped you friend with calculus, thats tutoring!!!! Seriously, put that stuff on app, nothing is too little. Especially if you are considering DO, they really take all the small stuff into account, I know because it got me into school!