29Q Mcat, 3.69cGPA, 3.64sGPA.. Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2013 Hopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your application looks pretty good and you have a really good list of schools I think you will be competitive at (except some of the state schools where you are not a state resident and pretty much need to be to get an interview...West Virginia, Arizona, Louisville, UIC (to name a few that I am pretty sure of). Obviously if you are a state resident of one of them apply there...but otherwise I would consider dropping it.

I would also consider applying to OHSU...they don't really care what your stats are as long as they are over a minimal number...after that your interview score is pretty much what gets you accepted. They also accept like 1/3rd of the class from OOS.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Creighton, Florida International, Jefferson, Loyola, MC Wisconsin, Michigan State, NYMC, Penn State U, Rosalind, Rush, St. Louis, Temple, Arizona, Toledo, Vermont, Tulane, Central Florida, UIC, Virginia Comm, University of South Carolina, Eastern Virginia, West Virginia, NYU, University of Minnesota, University of Maryland, University of Louisville, Suny at Buffalo

List is good in general - I like it. But you should note the following:

If you are not a resident of this school's state, you have almost 0% chance of getting in: Florida International, Arizona, Central Florida, South Carolina (I think), and West Virginia.

State residency is still a major factor at: Rush (kind of), UIC (kind of), Maryland (kind of), Louisville, and Buffalo.

However, based on your profile, I think your school list is about right - you don't have many other options. The only school to add I can think of right now is Tulane.