2nd Bachelors or Masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclohexane101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a dilemma because I have to choose what I should do after I graduate in May in case I don't get accepted in this cycle. Since my GPA is not very good, I believe I should take more classes to raise up my GPA. My overall GPA is in the low 3's, but I have a huge upward trend. My DAT score is decent that I don't think I should retake.

I can get another bachelor's degree in Chemistry in a year. If I choose option, I have to take out loans.

Or if I choose to do masters, I have to commit 2 years, maybe even 2 years and a half, since my school does not offer SMP or accelerated masters in sciences. But the plus side is that I may qualify for a scholarship that pays for the entire tuition.

Or I can just apply again this summer, find a job, and hope for the best, but with my academic credential I am not too keen on this option.

What do you suggest?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time with the Masters. If i were you I would get that dual degree or graduate on time and apply to a postbacc program. I was in the same situation. I applied to the postbacc program and got accepted to dental school on first try.

Don't waste your time with the Masters. If i were you I would get that dual degree or graduate on time and apply to a postbacc program. I was in the same situation. I applied to the postbacc program and got accepted to dental school on first try.
Which postbacc program did you do?